• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can Stan Lee personalize an item?

11 posts in this topic

Stan Lee is coming back to Fan Expo Dallas, so I was wondering if he personalizes.

A friend who's staff for Wizard and the DCC shows told me he can, but if he personalizes then I have to pay double since that takes time from his signing slot.

I just want to make sure it's true so I can budget properly.

He can, but his signature has gotten sloppy over the last year or so. I would not chance it for a possible messed up looking personalization, but that is just me. I'd pay the sketch fee.

That it something to think about.

If he's tired or you're at the end of the line, you might end up with cockroach book.

What is the sketch fee?

Not sure what it is exactly these days, but it's a lot. Pretty sure it's north of $500, and that's if you can get him to sketch.

The price has really gone up and last I heard it was $1000, if you can get him to agree to do it at all.

My only advice whether you want a personalization or sketch or anything like that is to try and work it out ahead of time and not when you get up to the front to have Stan sign your stuff.

Anyway, I Iove me some Stan Lee sig series and getting a quote, sketch or personalization can be difficult but makes it extra sweet so best of luck!

I can add that it can be tough. I wanted a quote after the fact in addition to the signature. The signature was done first then it went several months before the quote was finally added. It went through a few cons where Stan either cancelled or was too tired and cold(yes that was what I was told) to do it. It was fantastic when it was finished but took some effort to get. I would imagine as time goes on it will get tougher to do but try anyways. I was determined and was rewarded in the end.

Cheers, Howard