• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel and Sony sitting in a tree..

32 posts in this topic

I don't get it honestly.

So he can be used in both movie franchises. That's cool.

But Sony gets to keep on turning out Spider-turds, so how does that help anyone?

Ya, I don't get it either, I think I'm missing something.

i'm confused as well. sounds like Marvel begged Sony to let them help because Sony was screwing it up so badly.

bosco going to be busy changing all those thread titles of films with release dates pushed back.

The part you guys are missing....

Spidey can be in MCU movies sure....BUT MCU characters can now be in Spidey movies as well.

So maybe you get a Spider-Man/Captain America team up or Spider-Man/Hawkeye team up. Spider-Man/Hulk team-up. Spider-Man & Daredevil teaming up against the Kingpin! You also can now bring Spider-Villains over to MCU if you want. Sinister Six vs. The Avengers? Hello!

I don't get it honestly.

But Sony gets to keep on turning out Spider-turds, so how does that help anyone?

Kevin Feige and Amy Pascal will be in charge of them.

Basically, it is a combination of all the MCU's creative staff (writing, directing, producing), with Sony putting up some of the money, handling distribution, and getting final say so.

I'm not too worried on that "final say so" since Marvel has been doing a fantastic job with it's movies and Sony has not. More than likely Sony will go with whatever Marvel says at this point.

I don't get it honestly.

Kevin Feige and Amy Pascal will be in charge of them.

Basically, it is a combination of all the MCU's creative staff (writing, directing, producing), with Sony putting up some of the money, handling distribution, and getting final say so.

I'm not too worried on that "final say so" since Marvel has been doing a fantastic job with it's movies and Sony has not. More than likely Sony will go with whatever Marvel says at this point.

In principle, I bet you are right.

But knowing there are going to be sour feelings involved here as well, I wonder if Sony executives from time to time will put their foot down over certain items (e.g. Spider-Man must reference some new Sony product to support a campaign) just to remind Marvel they have certain contractual rights.

I'm just glad there is finally a thread on this topic. You all were missing out.

(:

Here's hoping a deal with Fox is next! :wishluck:

Which is doing just fine with what they have with the X-Men franchise. Even Kevin Feige had to admit X-Men: Days of Future Past was going down a solid path.

Kevin Feige Praises X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

---------------------

“I’ve been thinking about Days of Future Past a lot, which I had nothing to do with, in terms of the resurrection of a franchise,” he said. “I think they did a very good job with that.”

---------------------

I didn't realize this though.

---------------------

Lest you think Feige’s just being mean here, we should point out that he executive produced both X-Men 3 and Spider-Man 3. In fact, Fox’s X-Men films have a very special place in his career. He started out as an assistant producer working under Lauren Shuler Donner, and 2000’s X-Men was the first producing credit he ever received.

---------------------

So he most probably looks at that franchise even tougher because this is where he kicked off his amazing run of successes.