• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buyers who don't read descriptions

95 posts in this topic

From all of my auctions:

Buyer adds $5.00 for Priority Mail shipping in the U.S and Canada. Expedited shipping is available, please inquire as to costs. I do not ship via Media Mail. Overseas shipping is $9.85 via Global Priority Mail no exceptions, except to those countries not accepting Global Priority Mail.

From an email I just got:

Hi,

I am the winning bidder on your comic. Please ship media mail (old book rate) at $1.42. I will send payment via paypal as soon as you concure.

Thanks - Lloyd.

Umm, no. Read the description. mad.gif

Just like the retards who make up their own shipping rates when they are INTL mad.gif Had a few of those in the last month. One even sent me a paypal payment with his own "revised" s/h amount w/o a quote from me mad.gif

grrrrrrrrr

it gets worse:

My email to the buyer:

I do not ship media mail. Shipping is $5 via priority mail, as clearly listed in the auction

"Buyer adds $5.00 for Priority Mail shipping in the U.S and Canada. Expedited

shipping is available, please inquire as to costs. I do not ship via Media Mail. Overseas shipping is $9.85 via Global Priority Mail no exceptions, except to those countries not accepting Global Priority Mail."

Paypal to this email address is fine. thanks!

His response:

I only have books shipped media mail, no exceptions. Sell it to somebody else. Without my bid it only sold for $6.50. I refuse to pay excessive postal costs when there is a less expensive way.

My response back to him:

Then don't bid on my books. In EVERY SINGLE auction I list, there is this

paragraph:

As always, bid with confidence - the item scanned is the item you will

receive. Buyer adds $5.00 for Priority Mail shipping in the U.S and Canada.

Expedited shipping is available, please inquire as to costs. I do not ship via

Media Mail. Overseas shipping is $10.00 via Global Priority Mail no

exceptions, except to those countries not accepting Global Priority Mail.

Media mail costs ME the same as shipping priority mail. I don't make money on

shipping. That's what shipping costs.

I just LOVE customers...

Try one more email saying that you need Priority mail for tracking purposes and that you will report him to ebay and also give him a negative feedback if he refuses to pay.

are buyers too and sometimes the threat of a neg. (only used when push comes to shove) sometimes work wonders.... wink.gif

$5.00 for Priority Mail shipping in the U.S and Canada.

That is a sweet price for Priority Mail, especially for them Canucks! grin.gif You should raise the price to Canadians. tongue.giflaugh.gif (I'm only kidding)

Seriously, your S&H charge is MORE than fair, especially if it's a fixed rate reguardless of how many auction a person wins. Did this guy bid on multiple auctions and only win 1 book at a higher than expected price, and simply doesn't want to pay $5 S &H for 1 book?

Sometimes those Canadians though...

I had one who didn't accept my quote from the online USPS rate calculator,

so he had me take the package to the post office to get a quote.

In the meantime he sends me a check in *Candian Funds* for the item, I send it

back and tell him the postage cost.

He then e-mails me and says that the shipping is too much (exact price remember) and that I should give him a break 'cause I'm making good money on the item I sold him.

Of course he leaves me a neg saying I'm ripping him off and won't take his check.

More:

Me to him: So I am to assume you will not be completing the transaction? I will be filing a non-paying bidder warning to get my eBay fees back.

His response:

That is correct.

This, btw, is why the feedback system is fundamentally flawed. If I neg him, he'll neg me back, and I did NOTHING wrong.

Just curious about eBay rules. eBay always puts in language to the effect that 'your bid is a contract'. If a buyer attempts to change the terms of an auction AFTER the auction is over, then simply refuses to pay because you refuse to change the terms of your deal, is that enough for eBay to kick them off? Do buyers ever get kicked off after a single instance of such behavior, or does it take several such instances?

FD,

Please neg this sucker. Yeah, there will most likely be retaliation, but you get to respond to it. Plus, your rep will easily cover one lousy neg. Wear it with pride, my brother!

And don't forget about the NPB filing!

Hey, while you're at it, tell us all his ID so we can all BLOCK this loser. Then direct him to this forum. blush.gif

Would be interesting if he even attempts to justify himself.

Donut let him get away with this! grin.gif Respect comes from within before it comes from others.

Rick

Won't EBay remove negative feedback from non-paying bidders if you ask them to? I agree that the feedback system is fundamentally flawed, but they seem to lean towards giving sellers who don't get paid a break with it moreso than buyers who get a POS item.

NO!!! In a nutshell.....NO!!! Believe it or not.....NO!!!! Even if YOU'RE the buyer, paid for an auction win in an expeditious manner, patiently waited 6 weeks for your item, which never came, finally negged the seller, and received a blatant retaliatory negative, after you held up your part of the bargain perfectly, Ebay will NOT step in and take steps to remove a completely undeserved negative!!! Now, I'm a real chicken-S**t with giving out a negative because everytime I have, I've immediately been retaliated on.

no, No, NO!

If you get an undeserved Negative, in your repsonse line, make sure you threaten the giver and leave his contact info (e-mail or phone) and eBay will remove it before you can blink an eye!

You can do this several times over a long period of time and only get a warning about it,

but if you try to bunch a lot of them together so it's obvious you can end up with a week long suspension (but the neg still gets removed).

FD...at the very least you should report this guy to eBay so that at least he is on record as being a deadbeat....save all of your emails for future referance...and then neg. this guy and then do a follow-up to that neg..... wink.gif

Please please please neg this fool. Your feedback is exemplory, and this jagoff needs to be exposed for the fraud he is. Also, please post or PM me his ID so I can also put him on my blocked bidders list.