• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buyers who don't read descriptions

95 posts in this topic

Boy, this board must be jaded as hell when I only get one response to this fokker's email to me. And keep in mind that he emailed me out of the blue. I know it's hard to believe, but I did not email him after his BS negative feedback.

This clown comes off as very immature, which as we all know does not always have anything to do with their age. I don't get people that use name-calling and/or unproductive comments like "...post it on the forums person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed..." Like this is going to serve to promote his auctions?? You need to pull one of you alter-egos out for future, uh, bids on his stuff!!

Rick - media mail can be tracked if the envelope exceeds a certain thickness - 1 comic sandwiched in 2 pieces of thick cardboard wrapped in bubble wrap is usually thick enough. If you use stamps.com, DC for media mail is $0.13 and for priority is free. Using ww.usps.com to print out your priority labels, DC is free. REgular green DC label from post office is 45 cents priority, 55 cents for package services (everything else including media mail)

Donut - just ship the thing media mail, but before you do - I would leave some bodily residue hidden all over and inside the comic, what CGC likes to call "stuff"...then get a thin envelope, and toss the book in without bag and board,. maybe you can ship it for $0.55 cents tongue.gif

Matt- definitely not a cool seller...Personally I don't sell enough so I am always open to requests like yours to ship via lower cost. I have plenty of boxes and packing material around anyway. I pack safely but I just ask the buyer to keep in mind the greater risks of damage or loss that comes with non-priority mail. Sad as it is, these media mail a,d bound printed matter shipments go throgh a different mailstream than Priority and Express so shtuff gets piled on your comic and it'll probably get thrown around more,regardless of insurance or fragile markings.

I don't mind if someone doesn't want to send it media mail. I prefer sending it priority myself since it's much easier and cheaper, but like you, I will usually accomodate the buyer if I can.

In this case, I simply emailed the guy and asked him if he could ship via media mail and he said no. Not a big deal - it happens all the time. However, as is apparent from his ranting emails, the guy is a farkin' icehole!

So, he negged me: This is his email to me:

To member: flying-donut

From member: lwsengr

--------------------

You are about as dumb a seller as I have ever run across. You would rather lose

money then work with the buyer on shipping costs. By doing so you received

another negative and lost $4.10 over what you could have made had you worked

with me, like other sellers due. That's about as dumb as it gets.

My response to him:

You're right. I would rather lose money then sell to somebody who

1) refuses to read auction descriptions

2) holds people hostage

3) leaves unwarranted negatives because he can't follow directions

Yep, that's pretty dumb. Have a nice life.

This will get it off, right?

Complaint: overcharges for shipping-refuses to work with buyer - never buy from - beware

Response by flying-donut - Lloyd Saul (lwsengr@yahoo.com) refused to pay stated shipping. Retaliatory neg.

FD...sometimes you just can't win when dealing with a insufficiently_thoughtful_person...your response was well stated and should alleviate a lot of seller trepidation over the neg...

FD, you did the right thing. Hold your head up high.

Now I know you want to just leave this in the past, but...

like other sellers due. That's about as dumb as it gets.

I don't normally correct people's spelling, but after misspelling a difficult multi-syllabic term like "do" and then talking about dumb...

Well c'mon Donut, this guy is ASKING for it! grin.gif

Rick

PS: I sent in the PP#27 I bought from you. Wanna no---duh, I mean know- the grade??