• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SOTHEBYS (Paris) - 07 MAR 2015

85 posts in this topic

So, can someone explain to me the all-in costs for a US buyer when buying in one of these European auctions? For example, if a lot hammers at 10,000 euros - with the 25% BP, that gets you up to 12,500 euros right away. What part of that is subject to VAT (or is VAT waived for US buyers)? And, either way, does US Customs hit you with further taxes when the art arrives in the US?

Just trying to get a sense of what the all-in cost is (never mind the currency translation part; I can do that myself) if anyone can elucidate.

Looks like page 257 of the pdf is the Rocketeer Adventure Mag cover. Thoughts? Estimate (62k to 74k) looks optimistic to me. There's just not much going on in that piece.

Sold for 60,000 E or about 66,000 USD so right on the estimate. Still surprising to me but good for the seller.