• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Submitting at the Con

44 posts in this topic

Can anyone let me know what the advantage is with submitting at the con? I was thinking of driving up to Seattle.

Do you still fill out the forms online? Do you still get the 20% discount? Do they encapsulate there on site?

The only advantage to submitting at a non-onsite grading con is that you save on shipping to CGC. You just drop off your books and they ship them at their cost. Return postage still applies though.

To get the 20% discount, fill out the online form through whatever site you like then take your books and the form to the con and submit them.

Has anyone else had a problem filling out forms on line (say Heritage or Metro). I keep entering books and after about six or seven the system locks up and takes me to a Collector Society log in page (and I can't get back to the order form).

Does this happen to anyone else?

The only advantage to submitting at a non-onsite grading con is that you save on shipping to CGC. You just drop off your books and they ship them at their cost. Return postage still applies though.

To get the 20% discount, fill out the online form through whatever site you like then take your books and the form to the con and submit them.

Thanks thumbsup2.gif

Return postage, the cost of shipping the graded books back to you, is that included in the grading cost or is it passed on in addition to the grading costs? If so, how?

Thanks! Hope to send in my first batch of books sometime in the next 4 or 5 months.

Return postage, the cost of shipping the graded books back to you, is that included in the grading cost or is it passed on in addition to the grading costs? If so, how?

Thanks! Hope to send in my first batch of books sometime in the next 4 or 5 months.

If you fill out the from from an online website, the return shipping cost is added into the invoice total.

If you arrive at a con without an pre-filled out invoice, I would assume they would add return shipping onto the form you fill out at the con. The return shipping is not included into the grading fee.

>> To get the 20% discount, fill out the online form through whatever

>> site you like then take your books and the form to the con and

>> submit them.

Does this really work? As in, has anyone actually done this?

I'm just curious, because the one con I attended with CGC, I specifically

asked about this and was told that no discount was available.

Hmmmm.

gozer

-----------------------------

I'm offering three bottles, enough to clean one thousand tombstones,

for only $39.95!

>> submit them.

There is no discount at the con when you submit.

I have always done the online form first through Heritage for example and then taken the form and books to the con for submission.

>>> CGC didn't show up to WW Texas this past year.

>>> Angered a lot of people.

????

Do you mean the most recent one (October?) at the Arlington Convention Center?

CGC was there. I submitted a book to get a new case, and also talked

to them about submitting other books.

Unless I'm hallucinating again, which is not totally out of the question.

gozer

------------------------

The compound fracture, truly one of football's greatest injuries.

Has anyone else had a problem filling out forms on line (say Heritage or Metro). I keep entering books and after about six or seven the system locks up and takes me to a Collector Society log in page (and I can't get back to the order form).

Does this happen to anyone else?

Yesireebob.

Happens to me, and it also happens to me at the Mariott site where I make reservations. The problem is MFing Internet Explorer. Has problems with the java scripting. Really annoying. I just switched browsers to Mozilla Firefox and it rocks. Great browser - download for free at downloads.com.

I even called CGC about the problem, and they said it was a browser problem. I totally agree now - no problems plus you are more secure.

>> There is no discount at the con when you submit.

>> I have always done the online form first through Heritage for

>> example and then taken the form and books to the con for submission.

So do they ignore the price printed on the invoice and add the 20%

back in?

gozer

----------------------

Well, that's easy for you to say, you ... preachy ... egg-headed ... institute guy!

Gozer, read this slowly.

If you take your books to the con without having filled out the form online, and you hand write a submission form at the con, there is NO discount. You will pay the full cost plus return shipping. Although you will be able to track your submission through the website if you are a CS member.

If you fill out the online submission form prior to going to the con, your discount is added in on the form. Then take the form and the books to the con and give them to CGC along with payment.

>>> CGC didn't show up to WW Texas this past year.

>>> Angered a lot of people.

????

Do you mean the most recent one (October?) at the Arlington Convention Center?

CGC was there. I submitted a book to get a new case, and also talked

to them about submitting other books.

Yes, they were there. They just weren't doing on-site grading. Something about the convention center not being able to get them a private grading room.

>> submit them.

I think where you might be mixed up is....

If you submit AT THE CON for NON-ONSITE grading, you get the discount and save on the cost of shipping books to CGC. CGC takes the books back with them and adds em to the queue, just like if you sent them in via the mail yourself.

If you submit AT THE CON for ONSITE grading you do not get a discount.

At least I think that is correct from what I read.

CGC didn't show up to WW Texas this past year. Angered a lot of people.

Were they armed?

You would think CGC would know that you "don't mess with Texas".

mess_with_texas.JPG

Yes! Yes, we were. Texas is a Conceal And Carry state. thumbsup2.gif There were probably more hand guns in the dealer's room than in the entire state of California. I know Oklahoma is a C&C state and they have a reciprical carry agreement with Texas. I assume DiceX was also packing. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

>> submit them.

I think where you might be mixed up is....

If you submit AT THE CON for NON-ONSITE grading, you get the discount and save on the cost of shipping books to CGC. CGC takes the books back with them and adds em to the queue, just like if you sent them in via the mail yourself.

If you submit AT THE CON for ONSITE grading you do not get a discount.

At least I think that is correct from what I read.

893naughty-thumb.gif

Wrong, if you submit at the con without doing an online submission form first, there is NO discount.