• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Artist with Best Looking Incredible Hulk?

118 posts in this topic

My only gripe with all the hulk artists is that no one will draw him with proportionate sized quads(upper legs)

Lets talk bodybuilders, a proportionate bodybuilder with a 20 inch arm is going to have 30 inch quads, so in all these huge arm hulks you see, if the proportions were right, the quads would be 50% bigger than the arms.

They give him big calves many times, and huge hands and feet, but they always leave him strolling around on chicken legs, from a correct proportions standpoint IMO.

Maybe that's why his pants are torn from the knees down. Otherwise we'd have a green monster running around with his junk hanging out.

Joking aside, how does Hulk manage to keep Banner's clothes on?

My only gripe with all the hulk artists is that no one will draw him with proportionate sized quads(upper legs)

Lets talk bodybuilders, a proportionate bodybuilder with a 20 inch arm is going to have 30 inch quads, so in all these huge arm hulks you see, if the proportions were right, the quads would be 50% bigger than the arms.

They give him big calves many times, and huge hands and feet, but they always leave him strolling around on chicken legs, from a correct proportions standpoint IMO.

Maybe that's why his pants are torn from the knees down. Otherwise we'd have a green monster running around with his junk hanging out.

Once you start asking questions like these, it's probably time to move on from superheroes 2c

He's probably gonna have to buy him dinner first.

Bill Everett (Tales to Astonish)

Jim Steranko (Hulk Annual)

It's a classic cover (Annual #1), but Marie Severin re-drew his head. The Steranko face doesn't look quite right. I love Steranko and I'm not one for strict following of the company's model, either.

Hulkannual1_zpsde9570d7.jpg

When I saw the Avengers movie foir the first time THAT was the Hulk I had somehow pictured as the ideal. I think because they used Ruffalo's expressions and overlaid the CGI on them. But when I saw that movie Hulk the first thing to cross my mind was the KS1. It is uncanny how much that Hulk looks like the Ruffalo Hulk.

Totally agree. The Purves era was a special time for a lot of Hulk fans and he drew some great covers. Keown's work was also fantastic. But I do enjoy Trimpe's and Buscema's work on the title as well.

Silvestri's Hulk, however, looks terrible.

prv9946_cov.jpg

Looks more like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle than Hulk. Just look at his traps...they seem like the top of a Turtle shell!

Totally agree. The Purves era was a special time for a lot of Hulk fans and he drew some great covers. Keown's work was also fantastic. But I do enjoy Trimpe's and Buscema's work on the title as well.

prv9946_cov.jpg

Looks more like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle than Hulk. Just look at his traps...they seem like the top of a Turtle shell!

Like I said previously, that is a great drawing of a pro level body builder. The head is a little pea sized, but great body builder, just not the Hulk!

bodybuilders_zpszpj1pvnt.jpg

prv9946_cov.jpg

Like I said previously, that is a great drawing of a pro level body builder. The head is a little pea sized, but great body builder, just not the Hulk!

bodybuilders_zpszpj1pvnt.jpg

If I am not mistaken that pro body builder is "The Ox"-Evan Centopani.