• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink Winter Featured Auction

129 posts in this topic

lol Jimbo! So true, so true. I like to think the process of researching/selling so many books originally gave me inspiration and that the one couldn't exist without the other. But that's probably just to make myself feel better over a few books that got away. The Venus was a special pick up. And not to worry I have lots more books still in their original form and able to be truly enjoyed.

...... not to be a busybody, but in regards to the Startling 49....... are you sure you want that vile SciFi infecting your collection ? I'll take it off your hands.... problem solved. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Vile Comics #49 lol

It was actually quite fun watching the auction. I thought prices were really strong across the board. I bid on a few Batmans but nothing I had to have. I thought the Batman 23 had incredible eye appeal for the assigned grade. Congrats to the winner. I also made a half hearted run at the 100 pg Speeds but dropped out as the hit the $1k level. The Superman 1 was the real shocker. It was a nice looking copy for the grade but WOW what a strong price. Can you imagine the final hammer on a high grade unrestored Superman 1 :o

Now admittedly the item I am really wanting ends tonight. :wishluck: plus I was cooking up a fresh batch of rum while I was watching the auction which probably added to the fun.

Good thing you were cooking it and not drinking it. That can lead to some :o moments the morning after an auction.

lol Jimbo! So true, so true. I like to think the process of researching/selling so many books originally gave me inspiration and that the one couldn't exist without the other. But that's probably just to make myself feel better over a few books that got away. The Venus was a special pick up. And not to worry I have lots more books still in their original form and able to be truly enjoyed.

...... not to be a busybody, but in regards to the Startling 49....... are you sure you want that vile SciFi infecting your collection ? I'll take it off your hands.... problem solved. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

As I mentioned, that was a bit of an impulse buy. Not that I don't love it and all but, and I know how this sounds, I just felt like that was a good price. I could see it being traded in for some nice horror at some point.

Anyone know if a Boardie picked up the 'Green Hornet 8' last night?

Was my top choice, but I put a low snipe bid in for fear of not wanting to over pay, as I'm not a GH guy, but really liked that cover.

Next time just gotta bid little higher....

Anyone know if a Boardie picked up the 'Green Hornet 8' last night?

Was my top choice, but I put a low snipe bid in for fear of not wanting to over pay, as I'm not a GH guy, but really liked that cover.

Next time just gotta bid little higher....

It sold too cheap!!!!