• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Goodbye DC Universe, Hello DC ICONS

11 posts in this topic

This is what Mattel's Krappy DCU figures should have been!

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=dc%20comics%20icons

OMG! A silver age Flash with cosmic treadmill! :whee:

http://news.toyark.com/2015/02/12/dc-collectibles-new-dc-icons-figures-150261

The only one I don't like is the green Lantern, just too modern for me, I want to see the Hal from the GL/GA era.

I had the 1st series and a couple of 2nd series Play Arts Kai figures of Batman Arkham City (wound up selling them for a profit as a set). The wide variety to pose them and the fact that they all had accessories was awesome (some were just 'hands'). But they took *FOH-EVAH* to release each new figure and they were cost prohibitive. The 9" figures also take-up a LOT of shelf space.

-I like the looks (I know DC wants everyone to buy into the New 52, but I'm happy to see the pre 52 costuming).

-I like the 6" scale.

-I like that every one is supposed to come with accessories.

-I like the estimated MSRP ($25)

The only thing I don't like is that I'm no longer 12 years old so that I could truly enjoy these to the fullest.

-Terry

Somehow came across this on Youtube:

These figures look really great.

I saw some of the Son of Batman figures at the LCS yesterday and was tempted to pick them up, but knowing that the Icons are coming out, sobered me up. I have to feel a bit sorry for the shop owners when DC Collectibles seems to be pumping out new versions every 4 to 6 months.

I also was very impressed with the looks of the Arkham Origins figures. But then they seemed to truncate the run, and some of the really nice sculpts like Black mask had seriously limited articulation. Some of these might as well be statues, because of the lack of poseable positions.

-Terry