• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FFE Batman #1 on Ebay

29 posts in this topic

This scam never seems to get old. I messaged the seller, giving him the benefit of the doubt, explaining it wasn't an original. But given how the outer cover is missing, the inner cover has been aged, the lack of details in the description, and it being sold 'as is' it's hard to believe this isn't meant to be a scam.

FFE Batman #1

How do you report a counterfeit item in an auction? Couldn't any of us do it? Someone is about to be out $9,100 or more.

On the line that has "Description" and "Shipping and Payments" is "Report Item".

Then just do "Copyright and Trademark">"Counterfeit Item or Authenticity Disclaimer">"Counterfeit, Fake, or Replica Item" and type that it is a reprint being represented as an original in the "Brief Description" field.

How do you report a counterfeit item in an auction? Couldn't any of us do it? Someone is about to be out $9,100 or more.

On the line that has "Description" and "Shipping and Payments" is "Report Item".

Then just do "Copyright and Trademark">"Counterfeit Item or Authenticity Disclaimer">"Counterfeit, Fake, or Replica Item" and type that it is a reprint being represented as an original in the "Brief Description" field.

(thumbs u

It's people like this that can easily take the fun out of this hobby. The problem is, the only thing in the sellers description that isn't true is the word RARE, and that word can mean different things to different people. The fact that he uses the term DC Comics, though, indicates to me that the seller knows exactly what he is doing and is deliberately being misleading. The company wouldn't be known as DC for decades to come. Even though the buyer is covered by PayPal, the seller is going to claim that his description was absolutely true, and technically, it is. It is a Batman 1, it is old, and as for rare, we all know that is open for interpretation. It's not his fault that the buyer assumed something else, unless questions were asked and answered with false responses, and this is documented. I think in the end the buyer will probably get their money back, but I don't think it will be fast or easy.

The seller is an obvious con-artist with no qualms about ripping people off. Look at his store and check out the box with the Spiderman 31 showing...it says 25 comics for $19.99. the average newb will think they are getting the Spiderman, but when you scroll down and read the fine print he tells you you won't...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-Of-25-Random-Marvel-DC-Comics-Independant-NEW-and-OLD-80s-90s-Modern-/181343793983

Sellers like this should be castrated and run out of town on a rail...I hate dealers who only see the bucks and don't care what they do to the customers... :sumo:

I too submitted a claim to Ebay indicating this item is a fake...

It's rather alarming to think of how many people it takes before Ebay responds...

and it's hard to watch a train wreck about to happen and have the train conductor ignore you as you call to tell him to put on the brakes...

The seller is an obvious con-artist with no qualms about ripping people off. Look at his store and check out the box with the Spiderman 31 showing...it says 25 comics for $19.99. the average newb will think they are getting the Spiderman, but when you scroll down and read the fine print he tells you you won't...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-Of-25-Random-Marvel-DC-Comics-Independant-NEW-and-OLD-80s-90s-Modern-/181343793983

Sellers like this should be castrated and run out of town on a rail...I hate dealers who only see the bucks and don't care what they do to the customers... :sumo:

Feed 'em to the snakes!