• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Was Ultimate X-Men a 1st app. of anyone?

5 posts in this topic

Now, because of all the Ultimate books which started off around the same time, I really don't have a clue ......

but was UXM #1 really the 1st appearance of anyone? I think I've seen that the first app. of Ultimate Wolverine was maybe in Ultimate Team-Up?

Ultimate X-Men was the first "ultimate universe" appearance of most of the X-Men including Ultimate Wolverine. It came out only a short time after Ultimate Spider-Man - and quite a while before Ultimate Marvel Team-Up 1.

I think the only character that "debuted" in Ultimate Marvel Team-Up 1 was Ultimate Sabretooth.

Yes, it's actually kind of odd how USM took off and UXM didn't as a back issue. I think generally it was because USM was a real revelation to a lot of people and became "the buzz book". Both have done fairly equal numbers sales-wise on the Diamond sales charts over the years.