• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

reason # 324123 why i hate the post office.

42 posts in this topic

got some books in this morning from my VCC purchases and my lovely postman decided this would be the appropriate way to handle my stuff.

he shoved the priority envelope (which was packaged great btw!) into my tiny apartment style mailbox. These usually get left inside my porch door on every other occasion.

10991319_919541478058594_126522038262818619_n.jpg

he had to have really pushed this thing in there because the back was all kinds of tore up.

10987621_919541531391922_61504199221070635_n.jpg

luckitly the books werent damaged to much but enough to really make me mad.

1510614_919541548058587_8867981813418805171_n.jpg

im just gonna have to start requesting boxes from now on with my purchases i guess....

I had a mailman do that once. I went away for a week and they just kept stuffing things into my mailbox. They could have just used the big package box like they'd done in the past, but no. It was awful. I was doing mail aways from Marvel then because I didn't have an LCS. My mail lady literally must have been bending comics to make them fit in the tiny box.

Im sure they dropped in grade. luckily it wasnt anything to expensive.

and i wouldnt have been as pissed if this was the first time they dropped these prioroty enveolopes off to me. I get them all the time and they always leave them inside my storm door. This dude literally smashed this thing into the mail box.

This sort of thing is unbelievable to me. I mean... I understand the job must get monotonous at some point, but... I guess this is why we can't have nice things.

It was bad enough when they were taking their frustrations out on each other, years ago. Now they're taking it out on our books-n-stuff.

fockingUSPS001_zps0b8d9b4c.jpgfragile.jpg

So far I have had good luck , no damage reported from my customers .

I write "Please - Do not bend " all over any packages I send . Front and back. You cant miss them .

I also make the packages more solid and harder to bend.

Sometimes just one little word can make the difference . Imagine you are a thankless mail carrier and you see the word " Please ".

Couldnt hurt right ?

yep-- make it hard as hell to bend something but then add the PLEASE to the "do not bend"-- seems to work pretty well for me so far. I would never send something worth more than $50 or so in less than a sturdy box.

Be sure to offer to pay the additional postage and avoid the media mail shipping method at all costs unless they are truly media mail (books without advertising).

Apologies to some of the other sellers here, but any form of envelope (no matter how much cardboard is inside just invites mailbox stuffing.

+1

I once purchased a Hulk #3 in 5.0 raw from a seller that sent the book to me in a manilla envelope. No cardboard, nothing. It arrived wrapped around my regular daily mail and tightly held in place with an elastic band and shoved under my door. My mailman said he couldnt fit it in my mailbox so he shoved it under my door for my convenience. Not the mail guy's fault, he was just trying ot be helpful (shrug)

I have also had a parcel delivery guy just ring the buzzer of my apartment building and then just leave the box out front of the building by the door. I was not even home!

I pulled up as he was driving away. Luckily I was there as it was my CGC 9.2 white pages Iron Man #1 Western Penn pedigree copy book.

So far I have had good luck , no damage reported from my customers .

I write "Please - Do not bend " all over any packages I send . Front and back. You cant miss them .

I also make the packages more solid and harder to bend.

Sometimes just one little word can make the difference . Imagine you are a thankless mail carrier and you see the word " Please ".

Couldnt hurt right ?

Could not hurt to say please- but really - you can ship in a box for less than a dollar more. It sounds like the OP may have had a sub carrier - as he has had many other deliveries that were handled differently. Looks like priority mail - would at least bring to the local PO and show them how it was delivered.

I treat the $10 books the same as the $100 books when shipping. Not worth the hassle of dealing with unhappy customers - and can also show those who buy the $10 books that I can ship a more expensive book with care.