• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

19 posts in this topic

Zap Comix #0 1967?

There was a discussion about this either here or on the Valiant Fans boards. I think Zap was the earliest anyone came up with before Magnus.

I'm surprised there aren't any other undergrounds with a #0.

Just going through MCS site listings and found Moebius 0 from June 1990.

1486838.jpg

There are are others that MCS lists as a #0 but they might be #nn (not numbered) or wrong in the case of Synn, Girl from LSD which is actually #1 in the indicia.

It's Zap. And it wasn't a sales gimmick either, but a mistake in release. The second issue was released as number one, for whatever reason, so when the first issue was completed it was numbered zero so it would still be first. I didn't know it had become a gimmick as early as the 1980's though. I don't remember stumbling across one until the early 90's with Image and Wizard and whoever else.

Now I want the Adventurers and Albedo ones hm

Zap Comix #0 is the oldest in the CGC census (1967).

CGC lists a "Community Capers Comics #0" (1971).

If those are both considered "underground", then Albedo #0 (1983) is the oldest comic that would have been in your local comic shop from a regular distributor.

For still existing publishers, the oldest #0 is Aliens vs. Predator from Dark Horse Comics (1990).

DC had a month (or series of months) where every title had a #0 published. I only remember because I was buying Robin at the time. 1994, I believe.

That would be Zero Month, when Zero Hour #0 came out.

I know DC also did a month where every issue was numbered 1,000,000, and Marvel did a -1 Flashback month. Any other oddly numbered books out there? Was there ever an issue pi?

DC had a month (or series of months) where every title had a #0 published. I only remember because I was buying Robin at the time. 1994, I believe.

That would be Zero Month, when Zero Hour #0 came out.

I know DC also did a month where every issue was numbered 1,000,000, and Marvel did a -1 Flashback month. Any other oddly numbered books out there? Was there ever an issue pi?

I've seen issues numbered (?) "alpha", "omega", and "infinity", but so far no pi...

Topps' X-Files had a -2.