• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay view/layout question

6 posts in this topic

When I click on an active eBay auction, I no longer get the full description. I have to click on a link that says "see full item description" and the text or additional pictures pops up in a new window. Did eBay change its layout or did I do something that changed my personal settings? I would like see the full description when I simply click on an auction. I am viewing eBay on a desktop computer, not a mobile device.

Can anyone tell me what I have done (if anything) to screw this up?

You haven't done anything -- ebay is apparently running some 'beta' tests where some unwitting users experience new functions on the site. I am having the same thing happen, it is very annoying. There are a lot of people complaining about it on the ebay forums. Such a stupid idea....

If you try on a different computer you may or may not have the same issue, it is somewhat random whether they choose your IP# for the test.

According to an ebay spokesperson on the forum, the test will end at the end of the month, and things will be back to normal while they evaluate the results, then we'll see what happens...

Thanks guys. It is incredibly annoying. Even worse there is no notification or button that I click and return to normal. Hope this goes away at the end of the month and never comes back. The point of showing more ads is the only thing I can think of from eBay's standpoint. It certainly makes it harder, not easier, for me to evaluate an item on which I want to bid. Stupid.