• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Philip Weiss Auction Results

34 posts in this topic

Nothing passed,

Superman #2 $18,500, Tec 35 went for $1050.

They were't all graded because the consignor didn't want to pay for the cost of grading. Based on the high results I doubt it would have made a difference.

James G

It'll be interesting to see how some of the raw books grade out. $2200 for Action 39 in VF/VF+ seems quite low to me. The 8.0 Billy Wright sold for $3585 two years ago. I suspect those who were present and able to view the books may have graded it lower.

I think the slabbed Actions in 9.4 went for bargain prices. 10K for Action #25 in 9.4? $7750 each for Action 28 and 30 in 9.4? Those are 1940 DCs in gorgeous condition. They should have gone higher.

It'll be interesting to see how some of the raw books grade out. $2200 for Action 39 in VF/VF+ seems quite low to me. The 8.0 Billy Wright sold for $3585 two years ago. I suspect those who were present and able to view the books may have graded it lower.

I think the slabbed Actions in 9.4 went for bargain prices. 10K for Action #25 in 9.4? $7750 each for Action 28 and 30 in 9.4? Those are 1940 DCs in gorgeous condition. They should have gone higher.

Wrong place to be selling them? (shrug)

I think so, yes. They would have done better at Heritage/CC/CL.

I think so, yes. They would have done better at Heritage/CC/CL.

I agree, on CC or Ha.

Some of the graded books seemed a bit soft, so not sure they would have been the same in CGC holders assuming that matters. Based on who was bidding, I suspect we will see some of these books again.

James G

That supports my point. If you have people buying them for resale, then they're clearly selling for lower prices than they'd achieve in another venue.