• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM X-Men 266

12 posts in this topic

I am going to venture forth in the next Virtual Comic Con and sell some of my books but am an OA collector and new slab convert. I need help.

Can anyone provide any help, old style grades or numeric, on this X-Men 266? I am doing my X-Men box and started with this one. I cannot scan directly in photoshop (new computer, no driver) so the scan is imperfectly aligned. (Can you even help me with this dud of a scan?)

xmen266_zpsd97229ac.jpg

xmen266back_zpsa37247b3.jpg

xmen266B_zps352c7763.jpg

Thank you for any help anyone can give.

I sold my X-Factors 2 years ago in the VCC! Oh well, no X-Factor 6 for me now.

If that's a scrape in the upper right corner, 9.0.......if not, 9.4... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

That's a beautiful book, and I'd say 9.4 is accurate.

The price difference between a graded 9.0 and 9.4 isn't much, maybe $25-$50? The quality difference can be significantly different though, just depends.

I would only include it in the free bunch If you don't have anything else you want to have slabbed.

Good luck!

I don't see a scape - I think the line is part of the art work. I'll give it a 9.4. I'd sell it as a NM on E-Bay since the grading price will eat up any profits you may get if its graded. Nice book. I've got a couple slabs I could trade for it. lol

Thank you everyone. I appreciate it. I am considering throwing up my X-Men 256 for PGM consideration as well, so any help there would be worth it as well.

I am going to sell some raws in a sales thread or VCC even though I cannot grade and use any cash I generate solely for my initial cgc venture. I want to slab some Moebius comics and may add a few more if $ allows. 266 seems a no-brainer if I do so, and I was thinking 256 my next candidate among X-Men comics. Any others? My Bishop issues have a clean fin gold ink marker signature by Art Thibert on them, hence 256 instead of 281 or whatever it is.

Okay, I dropped this book off today at the cgc booth at the Big Apple Comic con. After fees and shipping it should cost about $25 for the slabbing. I figured I would take a shot and try to move it slabbed so that I could maximize profit and pay for the slabbing of the cheaparse books I want to look at on my shelf (3/5 submissions do not exist in the census yet!). It is also a good exercise in seeing what books from my own collection will grade out at. So when it comes back in a few months we can see how accurate you guys were from the scan I provided. I am hoping the 9.4 crowd wins out over the 9.0 contingent, or maybe even get an intoxicated/addicted grader who sees a 9.6 in front of him! :/