• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blue Star Stamp

9 posts in this topic

How much does a blue star stamp affect the grade?

bhlixg.jpg

Shouldn't affect the grade at all. These "star stamp" books were distributed in Stars & Stripes or AAFES bookstores located on military bases outside of the US. Your book being from October '72, I'm curious if by any chance it contains a National Diamond Sales insert ad in the centerfold?

bhlixg.jpg

Shouldn't affect the grade at all. These "star stamp" books were distributed in Stars & Stripes or AAFES bookstores located on military bases outside of the US. Your book being from October '72, I'm curious if by any chance it contains a National Diamond Sales insert ad in the centerfold?

+1

It's basically another small pamphlet-like book within the comic so it would be hard to miss.

Of course there's always the likelihood that the insert was pulled from the comic long ago as well.

-J.

bhlixg.jpg

+1

It's basically another small pamphlet-like book within the comic so it would be hard to miss.

Of course there's always the likelihood that the insert was pulled from the comic long ago as well.

-J.

It didn't come with an insert. Years ago, I bought a bunch of comics from a disabled serviceman. All of his comics had the blue star stamp, but only some had inserts.

Speaking of removing the inserts, years ago I did that to a few of my comics because I found them annoying when reading. Little did I know doh!

That is neither a star, nor blue

It is a black asterisk

"asterisk" is derived from the Greek meaning "little star". Folks in the computer world refer to an asterisk as a star. As is the use of wildcards: for example *.doc is pronounced "star dot doc". All asterisks are stars but not all stars are asterisks.

That is neither a star, nor blue

It is a black asterisk

"asterisk" is derived from the Greek meaning "little star". Folks in the computer world refer to an asterisk as a star. As is the use of wildcards: for example *.doc is pronounced "star dot doc". All asterisks are stars but not all stars are asterisks.

Nerds. :cloud9:

-J.