• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Judge Dredd #1 - natively British or American?

4 posts in this topic

I'm wondering - I'm doing some research into Judge Dredd for cataloguing purposes, and just discovered that Eagle Comics was a UK-based publisher. According to Comics.org:

Eagle Comics was set up by Nick Landau to re-package IPC Magazines Ltd material for the American and Canadian markets, though the publisher's offices were located in the United Kingdom. In 1986, Dez Skinn's Quality Periodicals briefly took over this role. Then in 1987, when IPC sold its comics division to Fleetway, the job of re-packaging this material was taken over by S.Q.P. Inc., first continuing under the Quality label, then as Fleetway Quality.

So, what does the CGC Boards think? Is Judge Dredd #1 native to the UK, or the US? hm

I think you answered your own question. A UK company producing product for the North American market initially.

Additionally, Eagle Judge Dredd #1-7 cover prices are only in US and Canadian dollars. #s 8-14 have Australia and New Zealand prices, #s 15-33 add UK. When Quality takes over with #34 and 35 it returns to USA and Canada.