• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

comic book podcasts?

5 posts in this topic

Trying to find some cool comic book podcasts to listen to and drawing a bit of a blank. There seem to be dozens of podcasts where people go over new releases every week, but not very many that talk about comics history. I'm not so much into new stuff, so an hour of talk about DC's latest event doesn't hold any interest for me. I'm looking for something a bit deeper than just new issue blurbs.

Anyone know of any cool comics podcasts?

Trying to find some cool comic book podcasts to listen to and drawing a bit of a blank. There seem to be dozens of podcasts where people go over new releases every week, but not very many that talk about comics history. I'm not so much into new stuff, so an hour of talk about DC's latest event doesn't hold any interest for me. I'm looking for something a bit deeper than just new issue blurbs.

Anyone know of any cool comics podcasts?

Fatman on Batman!!!!!

Kevin Smith hosts - many episodes are him interviewing some of the legends - some panel recordings too.

Burt Ward

Neal Adams

Joe Quesada

Denny O'Neal

The Fatman podcasts are stellar, I would start with Grant Morrison or Neal Adams.

The Burt Ward one is hilarious - it was a Batman 66 DVD release panel -

worked on me - I went and bought the box set after hearing it - his stories of some of the on set antics were awesome - as were the ER stories (Ward went to the ER several times in the first week of shooting).

He describes the sequence below - where Adam West was intentionally going off -script and snuck in alternate wording. Tame by today's standards - but not back in the 60s...... (the censors were not pleased with the last line)

Robin: [batman has put Batgirl to sleep, so she won't learn the location of the Batcave] You know something, Batman?

Batman: What's that, Robin?

Robin: She looks very pretty when she's asleep.

Batman: I thought you might eventually notice that. That single statement indicates to me the first oncoming thrust of manhood, old chum.