• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

first official Jason Mamoa Aquaman photo

54 posts in this topic

One without the tagline, and one with enhanced color.

B-RyGGLIAAAPEd8.jpg

m7R4KNe.jpg

My first thought was, look at the cute little hearts all over his arms and shoulder pad. :luhv::luhv:

And where does he get his highlites done?

Peter David Gives His Thoughts on Jason Momoa's Aquaman

-------------------

"So now I’m reading comments from fans widely decrying the photo of Aquaman that Zack Snyder put up on Twitter. Apparently oblivious to the fact that it’s clearly my version of Arthur, fans are shouting that it looks nothing remotely like the DC Aquaman. Which I guess makes sense; mine was twenty years ago and that’s two generations of comics fans to have passed through and forgotten my iteration of the Sea King."

-------------------

-------------------

"So now I’m reading comments from fans widely decrying the photo of Aquaman that Zack Snyder put up on Twitter. Apparently oblivious to the fact that it’s clearly my version of Arthur, fans are shouting that it looks nothing remotely like the DC Aquaman. Which I guess makes sense; mine was twenty years ago and that’s two generations of comics fans to have passed through and forgotten my iteration of the Sea King."

-------------------

------------------

Why the hell can’t they (fans) rein in their perpetual expectation for the worst and just wait to see the damned film?

------------------

Angry-bitter much?

I think he is getting at how wrapped around the axle long-time fans can get if someone is selected for a role that appearance-wise doesn't match a favorite version of a character. But in this case, they miss the point that this is a version of Aquaman that was in the comics for quite some time (1994-2001).

Something I didn't realize about the Peter David run was at one point, Aquman discovers there is an alien ship buried beneath Poseidonis.

-------------------

A major storyline, culminating in #25, concerns the Five Lost Cities of Atlantis. Facing an unearthly invading species linked to the origin of the Atlanteans, Aquaman has to search out and unite the lost cities. This storyline establishes him as a Warrior King, and he becomes a major political power, ruling largely undisputed over all the Atlantean cities. The remainder of Peter David's run focused on Orin coming to terms with his genetic heritage and his role as a king. During this time he discovers the remnants of a sentient alien ship beneath Poseidonis, and is able to take control of it, returning Poseidonis to the surface and bringing Atlantis into greater contact with the outside world. The cultural changes this brings about, including increased tourism, as well as his conflicting duties as superhero and king, bring him into increasing tension with the political powers in his city.

-------------------

Could this be something that plays out across Batman v Superman as an introduction, and revealed in the Aquaman movie?

I think he is getting at how wrapped around the axle long-time fans can get if someone is selected for a role that appearance-wise doesn't match a favorite version of a character. But in this case, they miss the point that this is a version of Aquaman that was in the comics for quite some time (1994-2001).

Something I didn't realize about the Peter David run was at one point, Aquman discovers there is an alien ship buried beneath Poseidonis.

-------------------

A major storyline, culminating in #25, concerns the Five Lost Cities of Atlantis. Facing an unearthly invading species linked to the origin of the Atlanteans, Aquaman has to search out and unite the lost cities. This storyline establishes him as a Warrior King, and he becomes a major political power, ruling largely undisputed over all the Atlantean cities. The remainder of Peter David's run focused on Orin coming to terms with his genetic heritage and his role as a king. During this time he discovers the remnants of a sentient alien ship beneath Poseidonis, and is able to take control of it, returning Poseidonis to the surface and bringing Atlantis into greater contact with the outside world. The cultural changes this brings about, including increased tourism, as well as his conflicting duties as superhero and king, bring him into increasing tension with the political powers in his city.

-------------------

Could this be something that plays out across Batman v Superman as an introduction, and revealed in the Aquaman movie?

hm

-------------------

-------------------

------------------

Why the hell can’t they (fans) rein in their perpetual expectation for the worst and just wait to see the damned film?

------------------

Angry-bitter much?

With Hugh Jackman as Wolverine in mind, I would think you could empathize with why some Aquaman fans are less than thrilled with what they are seeing.

I'm not saying I'm going to boycott this movie. And while I'm not pleased with the Snyder/Mamoa interpratatio of Aquaman, frankly I can't say I'm surprised they choose to go the direction they did.

But honestly, at this point my enthusiasm for this movie is at zero.

I just ran across this image (a little late, I guess) and thought it looked pretty cool.

I'm guessing 2 of the other 3 would be Flash and Green Lantern. Maybe Martian Manhunter is the 3rd?

Edit- Cyborg.

Anyways, this is a very large color version of what's been posted:

Aquaman-Jason-Mamoa-Full-Color_zpsf2a410cf.jpg

-------------------

-------------------

------------------

------------------

Angry-bitter much?

With Hugh Jackman as Wolverine in mind, I would think you could empathize with why some Aquaman fans are less than thrilled with what they are seeing.

I'm not saying I'm going to boycott this movie. And while I'm not pleased with the Snyder/Mamoa interpratatio of Aquaman, frankly I can't say I'm surprised they choose to go the direction they did.

But honestly, at this point my enthusiasm for this movie is at zero.

My enthusiasm for the movie is at the absolute opposite of zero (whatever number that may be).