• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Fantastic Four #535

8 posts in this topic

I must admit I have little experience in grading modern books, as I feel they are structurally pretty different than books up to the copper age.

This one, for example, would have been a quite flawless NM, if not for just a few marked color breaking spine stress lines (due to box storage) which look somwhat bad in hand. Cover has almost no defect aside from these so… yes, they are the only flaw.

How would you grade it? VF? VF+? – I’m unsure. hm

vbvtCbgh.jpg

Thanks to both! :)

As I said, the creases appear marked, more than usual.

I would have graded this as a NM- as well, if it was a Bronze book, but with the moderns, and the paper used, it puzzles me if the creases look bad.

I believe I’d settle with a VFNM… might be a NM- but I don’t like these. :D

Here’s the back cover scan – I did not scan it as the bad creases are not there, there is just a soft non-breaking crease at the top of the comic (barely visible in scan), and a small color breaking tick at the bottom at the spine.

IAejjFnh.jpg