• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What X-Men Issues Have Sinster in Them?

19 posts in this topic

He made a ton of appearances in the X-Men cartoon. Here's the character study the animators used.

703884-sinister_brunner.jpg

That is the onyl time I hae seen him is in the cartoons but I have never come across him in an X-Men issue (mind you I haven't bought an X-Men issue in a while). Any recommendations for best issues to buy I'm going to my LCS tomorrow.

Mr Sinister did not appear in X-Men 212 & 213. No mention of his name either. That checklist is wrong right off the bat. It also includes "non-continuity" stories like X-Men Adventures. His first appearance is #221. He's one of the top villains Claremont ever created and Silvestri hot a home run with his design. His character has been manhandled by a couple of writers though but at this point he has not been overexposed. Some favorites of mine that featured him have been The Further Adventures Of Cyclops and Phoenix 1-4 which is his origin story. Very, very cool origin story too taking place in the late 1800's with moody art by John Paul Leon. X-Men Annual '95 is a good one too with a 1930's era story. He was appearing in Weapon X for a while before it got cancelled and I thought he was handled pretty well there. Once it got cancelled Claremont got dibs on him and has been slowly working him into Excalibur. A great villain with unlimited potential.

Mr Sinister did not appear in X-Men 212 & 213. No mention of his name either. That checklist is wrong right off the bat. It also includes "non-continuity" stories like X-Men Adventures. His first appearance is #221. He's one of the top villains Claremont ever created and Silvestri hot a home run with his design. His character has been manhandled by a couple of writers though but at this point he has not been overexposed. Some favorites of mine that featured him have been The Further Adventures Of Cyclops and Phoenix 1-4 which is his origin story. Very, very cool origin story too taking place in the late 1800's with moody art by John Paul Leon. X-Men Annual '95 is a good one too with a 1930's era story. He was appearing in Weapon X for a while before it got cancelled and I thought he was handled pretty well there. Once it got cancelled Claremont got dibs on him and has been slowly working him into Excalibur. A great villain with unlimited potential.

If you had read the description of X-men 212, 213 on that link they say that that is the first mention of Mr. Sinister, not seen. #221 is his first appearance. It also shouldn't matter if it is continuity or not, an appearance of a character is an appearance.

I don't have 212 or 213 in front of me either, so you may be right.

In X-Men 212 Sabretooth tells Wolverine that Mr. Sinister sent the Marauders down into the Morlock tunnels.

893applaud-thumb.gif Excellent work. thumbsup2.gif

That's what I was referring to. He was a mystery man for several issues. Then they revealed him. It's been forever since I've read those books. I'm surprised I rememberd that at all.

In X-Men 212 Sabretooth tells Wolverine that Mr. Sinister sent the Marauders down into the Morlock tunnels.

Good call!!! thumbsup2.gif

Here's the exchange -

Sabretooth: I must live right.

Wolverine: That'll be the day. You part of this?

Sabretooth: Yup.....Mr. Sinister's dealin' a game that don't allow for wild cards like the Morlocks....or you X-Chumps, either...