• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fraudulent Jackpot 4 listing on Ebay
1 1

24 posts in this topic

I just discovered a fraudulent listing for a Jackpot 4 on ebay. I know it is a fraud because I own the very comic that is pictured!

Here is the listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/JACKPOT-COMICS-4-ARCHIE-2ND-BEGINS-6-0-DEC-1941-PEP-22-NICE-PAGES-MLJ-NO-RES-/201290588281?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2edddaa079

I have reported this to ebay, but I wish I could contact the bidders to let them know this is going on.

If you happen to be bidding on this, don't pay!

Keith

to the OP can we see pics of your copy? I'm not saying this is or isn't a legit auction but seller has quite a few pics for a book that isn't his/hers. Like I said could very easily be hijacked but also want to make sure no agenda not just trying to win the book bc I am watching this as well...if what you say is your book than thank you very much for the heads up and great detective work!! (thumbs u

to the OP can we see pics of your copy? I'm not saying this is or isn't a legit auction but seller has quite a few pics for a book that isn't his/hers. Like I said could very easily be hijacked but also want to make sure no agenda not just trying to win the book bc I am watching this as well...if what you say is your book than thank you very much for the heads up and great detective work!! (thumbs u

hm

hm

hmhm hey I put thanks for the heads up and great detective work (thumbs u I just want to see the book no harm in that...this day in age with all the counterfeits, shilling, and other type of shady business that goes on it wouldn't be out of the realm of reality for someone to come on here and post a, "don't bid/pay for this book it's a fraud" for personal gain to decrease bidding. Nothing at all against the OP :foryou: but with 5 hrs left and seeing as how a 5.0 blue label just sold on Heritage for a shade under 11K with BP this copy could go for a steal. You can never be too careful and like my unedited original post stated thanks for the heads up to the OP if this is in fact a junk listing which it very well could be. The OP with 16 posts does seem to be an Archie fan so i am not doubting just questioning and like I said when it comes to this type of book all questions should be asked and answered prior to bidding or not bidding accordingly

I just discovered a fraudulent listing for a Jackpot 4 on ebay. I know it is a fraud because I own the very comic that is pictured!

Here is the listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/JACKPOT-COMICS-4-ARCHIE-2ND-BEGINS-6-0-DEC-1941-PEP-22-NICE-PAGES-MLJ-NO-RES-/201290588281?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2edddaa079

I have reported this to ebay, but I wish I could contact the bidders to let them know this is going on.

If you happen to be bidding on this, don't pay!

Keith

as far as the poster...16 posts be he has been on since may 2014...... I believe him over Junkbay any day.

Edited by Mmehdy

hm

hmhm hey I put thanks for the heads up and great detective work (thumbs u I just want to see the book no harm in that...this day in age with all the counterfeits, shilling, and other type of shady business that goes on it wouldn't be out of the realm of reality for someone to come on here and post a, "don't bid/pay for this book it's a fraud" for personal gain to decrease bidding. Nothing at all against the OP :foryou: but with 5 hrs left and seeing as how a 5.0 blue label just sold on Heritage for a shade under 11K with BP this copy could go for a steal. You can never be too careful and like my unedited original post stated thanks for the heads up to the OP if this is in fact a junk listing which it very well could be. The OP with 16 posts does seem to be an Archie fan so i am not doubting just questioning and like I said when it comes to this type of book all questions should be asked and answered prior to bidding or not bidding accordingly

Are you serious....I mean how would this poster know, in May of 2014 about this listing AND if you look at his want list on his earlier post....he does not list the comic book in question....Look at who is selling it..why would a person who has listed NO COMIC books or anything for sale in the year.........own this book...oh that;s right...My Granddad had it in a draw. Notice also the poster , left his name....

I bought it 6 months ago. The guy I bought this from said he saw this same thing happen with this same comic book a year before he sold it to me. Definite fraud here.

72929520ea957f603fe0f2483f20c3f7_bt6s.jpg

Here I am defending you and you post the PIC...thank you for being a GREAT BOARD MEMBER....MITCH

I understand that Mitch and please I beg of you lets not turn this into something it's not. It has and remains NOTHING against the OP. Everyone's posts have to start somewhere I understand that BUT couldn't we say the same about selling on eBay? gotta start somewhere right? Seller states had the book since 84' or something maybe they only ever bought on eBay and just decided to start now? obviously my money would be on the OP as far as having the book BUT My posts and request remain both unedited and reasonable.

I can understand folks wondering if I am part of the scam, but why would I take the time to post this picture on my personal work website that has my picture and phone number. I only did that just now so I could link the photo on this thread.

I'm not sure if I should be offended here or not. But I don't take things personally online...

I doubt the seller will profit on this because I called ebay to report this and flagged the listing Whoever pays for this will get their money back from ebay, but it will be a hassle.

I went through this trying to buy what turned out to be a fraud Archie 3 two years ago.

On that listing, I paid with paypal, then the fraudster sent me a UPS tracking number. Two days later I received an email from ebay saying that the item had been delivered. I new it hadn't, but when I contacted UPS, the tracking number was real and was for a package delivered to a house about a half a mile from my house. If I had confirmed delivery receipt with ebay, the scammer could have conceivably gotten the money moved before I could altert ebay. Luckily, I didn't lose my $$ and I hope nobody here does either.

I bought it 6 months ago. The guy I bought this from said he saw this same thing happen with this same comic book a year before he sold it to me. Definite fraud here.

72929520ea957f603fe0f2483f20c3f7_bt6s.jpg

Here I am defending you and you post the PIC...thank you for being a GREAT BOARD MEMBER....MITCH

thank you my last post was made prior to seeing the pic so my apolgies...Mitch a little less in the dramatic effects department please. lol There is no need to, "DEFEND" the OP bc one he was not on trial and two I stated in both my previous posts THIS WAS NOT AGAINST THE OP just a simple question in order to straighten things out nothing more.

Now that it is solved I too would like to thank Spideyz for posting this and for being a great board member!!! WTTB as they say (thumbs u I look forward to conversing all things COMICDOM with you in the future!! :)