• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kansas City Comic Con -- TBA 2017

57 posts in this topic

We ended up attending last minute today. My Friend & LCS owner (3 hours away) hooked me up with passes so had to make the trip. This was our first year for KCC, after attending Planet Comicon the last 2 years. Found some great bargains in the $2 bins and made some deals on wall books and trades with a few dealers.

There were around a 15 or so comic dealers probably. 1/2 were sky high on most everything. Around 6 were decently priced and great people to chat with. Coming home with some decent sub-$100 keys. Nothing too high $ that tripped my trigger but plenty of NM 98s in the room.

I ran into Steven French and gave him a boardie hello.

Took an Uber to a Ramen shop for dinner. Then attended the after party where MC Chris, Tribe One and Second Hand King put on a fun show for a small crowd at the beautiful Midland Theatre.

Overall, this con was equally as fun as Planet but I couldn't see myself spending more than 1 day at KCC.

Your experience sounds similar to my 2015 trip. It's a solid show, but you really only need one day to shop the room pretty thoroughly. I'm hoping that next year they move the dates back to early August, so I'll have a better shot at making it for a day.

They've been ramping up their social media activity the last week or so.  I imagine that they're coming back.  I know that it took Planet a long time to get dates this year as well.  Bartle is an awfully busy place apparently. 

24 minutes ago, D Stuart said:

They've been ramping up their social media activity the last week or so.  I imagine that they're coming back.  I know that it took Planet a long time to get dates this year as well.  Bartle is an awfully busy place apparently. 

Planet posted their late April dates in late August of last year. That gave them 8 months of promo time. If KCCC gives themselves the same lead time we'd be looking at late October or early November. I'm still skeptical based on their history, but I guess we will see. 

• Administrator
9 hours ago, mysterio said:

@Architecht I would like to edit the thread title to reflect the announced dates (Nov 10-12, 2017). Will the ability to edit titles get turned back on?

That ability isn't off to edit titles. However, your initial post is 2 years old, and editing in general on the new boards is set to the same thing it was in the old boards - one year.

59 minutes ago, Architecht said:

That ability isn't off to edit titles. However, your initial post is 2 years old, and editing in general on the new boards is set to the same thing it was in the old boards - one year.

The initial post and title had been edited in November, 2016 so it was only a couple months old when the board changed over. While I know that edits don't always reset the clock for a year, I'd been able to keep tacking onto this and other event threads by doing this. It's the same with the event thread for OAFCON. 

Edited by mysterio