• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Off topic, Please give grade opinions on DD 131!!! (nope not FF55)

20 posts in this topic

9.4/9.6 depending on what the back cover shows and assuming no back cover defects inconsistent with those grades. The URC is the only thing that looks like it might take the book out of 9.6.

9.4/9.6 depending on what the back cover shows and assuming no back cover defects inconsistent with those grades. The URC is the only think that looks like it might take the book out of 9.6.

I concur. thumbsup2.gif

9.4/9.6 depending on what the back cover shows and assuming no back cover defects inconsistent with those grades. The URC is the only think that looks like it might take the book out of 9.6.

btw, did you see the tape pull on DD's sock? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think it actually is a piece of fuzz. Nothing was on the book before that. The back cover is just as sharp as the front.

Steve

That's what I figured. It looks three-dimensional, as though something was on your scanner bed.

Looks great - let us know what it comes out as!

9.2 sumo.gif

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Come on, David, a 9.2??? foreheadslap.gif That thing has at least 9.4 points of gloss on it and possibly another .2 points of crispness/sharp corners. poke2.gif

If it comes back 9.2, I will tear up my copy.

Laughing!

My thoughts to. The URC is sharp as the other ones. I don't know why it looks funny in the scan.

I hope it comes back at least a 9.4

Steve thumbsup2.gif

If that's true of the URC on the front and back, then I think you have a shot at 9.8, because your book has the one thing that is essential to a 9.8 -- a perfect spine and spine corners. No way to say with any kind of certainty from the scan though. confused-smiley-013.gif But if the corner is not dented and there are no surface impressions that aren't showing up on the scan, then I think you're looking at a grade of at least 9.6.

Laughing!

My thoughts to. The URC is sharp as the other ones. I don't know why it looks funny in the scan.

I hope it comes back at least a 9.4

Steve thumbsup2.gif

I agree, the corner on the cover is sharp. It looks funny in the scan because the interior pages are larger than the cover. This is quite common, especially with late 70's early 80's Marvels, and what tends to happen is that they get "bumped"

Looks great - let us know what it comes out as!

9.2 sumo.gif

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Come on, David, a 9.2??? foreheadslap.gif That thing has at least 9.4 points of gloss on it and possibly another .2 points of crispness/sharp corners. poke2.gif

If it comes back 9.2, I will tear up my copy.

Scott - you're betting an awful lot on half a scan 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Which admittedly looks 9.6 if that is "fuzz" - but he can't tell you that for sure, and he can't give us a BC scan, because the book is on it's way to Sarasota hail.gif

That's a very nice copy, I don't see anything that would make it less than a 9.4 with an outside shot at 9.6. The back cover and scanner will be your downfall if it grades out less.

Looks like a solid 9.6 as long as the BC is as nice as the front...I've owned these in 9.2, 9.4 and 9.6 and this is nicer than any of mine.

9.4/9.6 depending on what the back cover shows and assuming no back cover defects inconsistent with those grades. The URC is the only thing that looks like it might take the book out of 9.6.

yay.gif