• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Really? Drawings of test tubes arent first appearances

57 posts in this topic

OK how about I ask...

How long of not selling this issue with a inflated price is it going to take before I can buy a copy?

Sell some X-Force 19s or Deadpool vs Hawkeye 0s or some other first non-appearance appearance modern nonsense spec book and use the profit to buy a Wolverine 80

On the other hand, if I was an X-23 completionist, and I had every other issue with her in it, wouldn't I probably want this one too?

*scratches head* what happens in X-Force 19? I can't keep up with all the people fabricating keys...

1st "in her natural form" Copycat. I think. Something about the Deadpool movie maybe?

Its like UXM 201 but with X23 and instead of Baby Nathan it's a test tube. You are correct though, Psi. Calling this a cameo is a stretch.

Really? I didn't know about UXM 201 either (started collecting around UXM 300.

I'm gonna check that one out. Wasn't Sinister the one who created Cable? I am confused

Scott Summers & Madelyne Pryor created Cable/Nathan Summers the old-fashioned way.

BOM-CHICKA-WOW-WOW

-slym

Its like UXM 201 but with X23 and instead of Baby Nathan it's a test tube. You are correct though, Psi. Calling this a cameo is a stretch.

I'm gonna check that one out. Wasn't Sinister the one who created Cable? I am confused

Scott Summers & Madelyne Pryor created Cable/Nathan Summers the old-fashioned way.

BOM-CHICKA-WOW-WOW

-slym

I always thought it started with a 'bow'. Can we get some clarification on that please?

lol

I thought I was old thinking a comic shouldn't be inflated by test tube babies. I have no idea who this X23 person is. Or NYX.

I thought Nyx was a bad guy from Resident Evil Outbreak File 2

X-23 is Wolverine's "daughter." NYX I believe to refers to New York & something to do with mutants. I am not completely sure, as I quit buying it at #4, sold my set for cheap in the January after they all came out, and by March or so, #3 was revealed to be the 1st app. of X-23 and blew up in price.

I swear, people ought to pay me NOT to speculate on certain comics, as when I do, they are certain to fail.

I need to get in on this Silk #1 business.

:lol:

-slym

So Sinister just created the alternate Nate in the Age of Apocalypse timeline? The one that Legion created by killing Prof X?

Yes. Because Scott & Jean weren't together (and hadn't really even met) in the AoA. Nate was a test tube baby by Sinister. Cable was Scott & Maddie's kid.

X-23 is Wolverine's "daughter." NYX I believe to refers to New York & something to do with mutants. I am not completely sure, as I quit buying it at #4, sold my set for cheap in the January after they all came out, and by March or so, #3 was revealed to be the 1st app. of X-23 and blew up in price.

I swear, people ought to pay me NOT to speculate on certain comics, as when I do, they are certain to fail.

I need to get in on this Silk #1 business.

:lol:

-slym

NYX was supposed to kind of cash in on the Morrison X-Men that established a mutant sub-culture. It was mostly supposed to be kinda like a mutant version of the movie KIDS. A bunch of homeless mutant kids essentially.

X-23 was a child prostitute in it. Don't ask. It gets super creepy if you think about it more than "she was an abused homeless kid".

BOM-CHICKA-WOW-WOW

-slym

But who created Madelyne Pryor?

K....so Madelyn Pryor was Phoenix, correct? And that also makes her Jean Grey? (Grey's other personality?)

Madelyn was initially just a girl that happened to look like Jean. It later was revealed that she was a slightly genetically modified, power-dampened clone of Jean that Sinister created. She became the Goblin Queen during Inferno (I believe)