• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How good is the imaging that you get from CGC?

47 posts in this topic

When submitting books to CGC, you can pay an additional fee for imaging. Wondering if I should pay for it or not. How nice is the quality? Examples? Anyone with experience in this regard able to comment? :wishluck:

Thanks,

Andy

Lovely! :applause:

Images are pretty small and near useless for selling bigger books. I've asked CGC for years to send out larger scans but I guess it's not a priority for them.

Lovely! :applause:

Images are pretty small and near useless for selling bigger books. I've asked CGC for years to send out larger scans but I guess it's not a priority for them.

Its pretty amazing. Making money is not a priority for the business.

The local library charges 10 cents a scan.

CGC takes pictures of the books, they do not scan them.

I did notice that they refer to it as "imaging" and not "scanning."

:(

You'd think a picture like that would be free, if they are gonna charge us $5, an actual decent-quality scan would be what is offered.

-slym

Link to FAQ.

Under Additional Services on the submission form, what does the "Image" option mean?

This is where a basic digital image (72 dpi web-quality) is taken of the front of the comic after grading and encapsulation that is sent by e-mail for internet purposes. The cost for this is $3 per book and if selected the whole invoice must be imaged.