• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Living Monolith GN/Apocalypse 1st app

13 posts in this topic

Hey there,

So I know that the received wisdom is that X-Factor 6 is the first full appearance of Apocalypse, but I see that ostensibly he appears for the first time in the Revenge of the Living Monolith g/n too. A local comic seller told me that this is indeed the true 1st appearance. Is that so? Also, is the g/n worth grabbing a copy of for slabbing?

Cheers

Hey there,

So I know that the received wisdom is that X-Factor 6 is the first full appearance of Apocalypse, but I see that ostensibly he appears for the first time in the Revenge of the Living Monolith g/n too. A local comic seller told me that this is indeed the true 1st appearance. Is that so? Also, is the g/n worth grabbing a copy of for slabbing?

Cheers

What makes the guy such an expert? Guys just trying to milk as much cash from a sucker as possible. Unless Apocalypse is Called by name it ain't apocalypse. :sumo: Prototype or similar cheracters don't count.

Hey there,

Cheers

What makes the guy such an expert? Guys just trying to milk as much cash from a sucker as possible. Unless Apocalypse is Called by name it ain't apocalypse. :sumo: Prototype or similar cheracters don't count.

Sez who?

Hey there,

Cheers

For prototype etc, what is considered the first appearance of Jimmy Olsen? I've never been a big early Superman fan, but I know the character was first named in the radio show.

From the other thread on the same topic

It’s written by David Michelinie, and I guess the Living Monolith is the Living Pharaoh, while Apocalypse has been created by Louise Simonson.

At best, the only connection is they are both related to North Africa or Egypt… lol

Actually, it was Marvel that made the later connection about the powers he benefited from.

Although the character first appeared in 1986, he was retroactively said to have been present during previously published stories. The unnamed benefactor of the Living Monolith in Marvel Graphic Novel #17 (1985) was later identified as Apocalypse in disguise (Uncanny X-Men #376, January 2000). Classic X-Men #25 revealed that years earlier Apocalypse encountered the terrorist Moses Magnum and granted him superhuman power.

That is why someone mentioned earlier about UXM #376. You probably didn't catch that.

:foryou: