• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Huh?

31 posts in this topic

Supa,

Thanx for opening up the wound again! Yes, it is indeed NEARLY impossible.

Though I do have #8 in 9.6 & #11 also in 9.6. shocked.giflaugh.gif

And my #9 is a 9.2 ooo.gif Any guesses as to what that would fetch?

I don't normally brag, but since you brought it up...!!!

Rick

PS: Still waiting for a 9.0+ #4. Maybe I should make that my signature line.

Pimp-meister,

I know you're only asking because you think I'm lyin'. tongue.gif

But that's ok, I'll cough 'em up. But not til tomorrow, work beckons me.

Gotta make you hang for a bit, bud, but if you really appreciate high grade silver DC (and who doesn't), it's definitely worth the wait.

Rick

Guys,

I was just kidding about supa calling me out; I just got off work after a 10 hour shift- following a 13 hour shift yesterday! I promise I will provide. Just going to peruse the forums a bit then hit the sack. Will dig out my books tomorrow guaranteed...or your money back! shocked.gif

Rick

In a 9.2, I'd guess you could get around $1500. It's a tough book, and important, so possibly even more. If I was into it, I'd pay plenty since the chances of finding better would be slim.

Thanx all for the kudos. Picked 'em all up in SD from '85--'88 while every one else was going ga-ga for Spidey, Bats, and those oh so precious indies. tongue.gif

Don't remember about the other two, but I know I got the #3 from either Metropolis or Motor City. The seller mentioned nothing about restoration, so needless to say I was disappointed when CGC broke the news. Any one know which of the two sellers is most likely to sell this way?

It's all right, though; still a great looking copy...for $120

As for the others, my notes say i paid $41 for #8 & $21 for #11

grin.gifcool.gifgrin.gifcool.gifgrin.gifcool.gifooo.gifooo.gifooo.gif

Cigars for everyone! There on me!!

Rick

Oh Rick, I am so....upset that you neglected to show the scan of the #9. You got something against tree roots on your precious heroes? BTW, where's your Brave and the Bold 28? confused.gif Ooops, brought up a sore point! frown.gif But at least you have a roof over your head! wink.gif

Pimpy, what were you doing in the early 90s? You could have gotten so many good deals if you were looking for quality! Please don't tell me that you were buying worthless Valiants? blush.gif