• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Thread "Legends of Tomorrow" TV Show
1 1

704 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

Season premiere was awesome :banana:

This show never lets you down.

I enjoyed it, but they took a cheap shot at The Avengers. I imagine Marvel hitting back for that & it building into more hostility between the two franchises & their fans.

15 hours ago, chezmtghut said:

I enjoyed it, but they took a cheap shot at The Avengers. I imagine Marvel hitting back for that & it building into more hostility between the two franchises & their fans.

The full of a comment to Spartacus (friggin Spartacus :banana:) when he talked about avenging Earth was Sara saying "It sucks to be an avenger!"

If that was a cheap shot, see Avengers (2012) with all that team goes through. Including Tony Stark attempting to sacrifice himself to save Earth.

8 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

The full of a comment to Spartacus (friggin Spartacus :banana:) when he talked about avenging Earth was Sara saying "It sucks to be an avenger!"

If that was a cheap shot, see Avengers (2012) with all that team goes through. Including Tony Stark attempting to sacrifice himself to save Earth.

Sara's exact words were "being an Avenger is stupid, the goal is to prevent death, I'm a preventor, you want to join the preventors Sparty?" She's insulting Spartacus & the Avengers in that scene. When Ava called Mick a genius at the beginning of the show, it's because he saw what was right in front of him, the writing on Ava's hand. Now they're taking their audience as fools because they think we can't see what's right in front of us. How can they claim to be preventors when they go back in time to clean up messes & erase people's memories to keep their actions hidden? I would say that they're just as much Avengers as the Marvel team. Just because they work in the shadows to control timelines to their advantage & keep their tech hidden to prevent others from manipulating the timeline to their own advantage, doesn't change that fact. The fact that The Avengers brought back half of all life within the MCU in one film is more of a testament to their work on saving life than anything The Legends have done (DC's entire multiverse was destroyed while saving one universe). Now we have Ben and Raymond Lai trying to sue Marvel again, over the fact that some characters wear suites that are similar to ones that they used for their characters nearly 20 years ago. I guess they're filing the lawsuit in Quebec to make it more complicated for Disney. It just seems like everyone wants to step all over Marvel because of their success. DC could have used different wording in that scene, it was done purposely to sow a seed of negativity towards Marvel. Don't doubt the effectiveness of subliminal messages, otherwise companies wouldn't pay a fortune to advertise in their shows & movies.

Edited by chezmtghut

23 minutes ago, chezmtghut said:

Sara's exact words were "being an Avenger is stupid, the goal is to prevent death, I'm a preventor, you want to join the preventors Sparty?" She's insulting Spartacus & the Avengers in that scene. When Ava called Mick a genius at the beginning of the show, it's because he saw what was right in front of him, the writing on Ava's hand. Now they're taking their audience as fools because they think we can't see what's right in front of us. How can they claim to be preventors when they go back in time to clean up messes & erase people's memories to keep their actions hidden? I would say that they're just as much Avengers as the Marvel team. Just because they work in the shadows to control timelines to their advantage & keep their tech hidden to prevent others from manipulating the timeline to their own advantage, doesn't change that fact. The fact that The Avengers brought back half of all life within the MCU in one film is more of a testament to their work on saving life than anything The Legends have done (DC's entire multiverse was destroyed while saving one universe). Now we have Ben and Raymond Lai trying to sue Marvel again, over the fact that some characters wear suites that are similar to ones that they used for their characters nearly 20 years ago. I guess they're filing the lawsuit in Quebec to make it more complicated for Disney. It just seems like everyone wants to step all over Marvel because of their success. DC could have used different wording in that scene, it was done purposely to sow a seed of negativity towards Marvel. Don't doubt the effectiveness of subliminal messages, otherwise companies wouldn't pay a fortune to advertise in their shows & movies.

I mean no offense, but I think you are being sensitive over this. Many times, The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow (especially the former) mentions Marvel characters in a positive way. Including Cisco this season giving She-Hulk a mention.

When DC moved from New York to California Marvel ran a full-page ad mocking the move. When the Fantastic Four movie bombed Marvel inserted a scene in a comic book where the cast of the movie has a building fall on them. When Robert Downey Jr. got cast as Tony Stark he did an interview with Huffington Post and noted "F*@& DC Comics" during the interview.

The back and forth has gone on across both DC and Marvel. Acting like DC did this and it is beneath the 'high standards' of Marvel Entertainment and Marvel Studios may need to do a little history research.

19 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I mean no offense, but I think you are being sensitive over this. Many times, The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow (especially the former) mentions Marvel characters in a positive way. Including Cisco this season giving She-Hulk a mention.

When DC moved from New York to California Marvel ran a full-page ad mocking the move. When the Fantastic Four movie bombed Marvel inserted a scene in a comic book where the cast of the movie has a building fall on them. When Robert Downey Jr. got cast as Tony Stark he did an interview with Huffington Post and noted "F*@& DC Comics" during the interview.

The back and forth has gone on across both DC and Marvel. Acting like DC did this and it is beneath the 'high standards' of Marvel Entertainment and Marvel Studios may need to do a little history research.

That may be the case, as I have noted many positive mentions of Marvel & Star Wars in The Flash but I'm not sure about The Legends. I don't think it's beneath either company to insult one another either, but I would call Marvel out if they insulted Wonder Woman over the last film losing money, even though DC green lit a third film. I guess the combination of that mention & then reading about the lawsuit irritated me. It's crazy that someone will try suing because a characters costume looks similar. It would be like DC saying we have a copyright on superheroes & villains, so nobody can create any characters without our permission.

10 minutes ago, chezmtghut said:

That may be the case, as I have noted many positive mentions of Marvel & Star Wars in The Flash but I'm not sure about The Legends. I don't think it's beneath either company to insult one another either, but I would call Marvel out if they insulted Wonder Woman over the last film losing money, even though DC green lit a third film. I guess the combination of that mention & then reading about the lawsuit irritated me. It's crazy that someone will try suing because a characters costume looks similar. It would be like DC saying we have a copyright on superheroes & villains, so nobody can create any characters without our permission.

Quesada especially would antagonize a blowup over 'Marvel vs DC' and I believe it was him that posted the full-page ad when DC moved. Some creators feel like such stunts are funny and bring publicity. To me, it only detracts from your brand. The Legends scene was so quick with those comments it didn't even register that deeply for me. But then reporting sites wants to stir the pot and started posting how 'DC did Marvel dirty'. Which is always meant to bring up heated debates.

What lawsuit are you referring to? I'm out of the loop on this.

19 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Quesada especially would antagonize a blowup over 'Marvel vs DC' and I believe it was him that posted the full-page ad when DC moved. Some creators feel like such stunts are funny and bring publicity. To me, it only detracts from your brand. The Legends scene was so quick with those comments it didn't even register that deeply for me. But then reporting sites wants to stir the pot and started posting how 'DC did Marvel dirty'. Which is always meant to bring up heated debates.

What lawsuit are you referring to? I'm out of the loop on this.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7831958/montreal-comic-creator-suing-marvel-iron-man/

The Legends of Tomorrow season 6 premiere saw Sara Lance (Caity Lotz) hilariously insult the Avengers but, ironically, her point of view echoes none other than Tony Stark's (Robert Downey Jr.). In the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Iron Man has been a vocal critic of the Avengers' methods of going into action after some great evil has taken place, and their mutual viewpoints show an interesting connection between the former leader of the Avengers and the Captain of the Arrowverse's Legends.

Sara Lance was abducted by as-of-yet-unnamed aliens in Legends of Tomorrow season 6, but the resourceful ex-League of Assassins member freed herself from her imprisonment with unexpected help from Gary Green (Adam Tsekhman), who was revealed to be an alien himself. Sara freed another prisoner, Spartacus, although the legendary gladiator did nothing to help Lance fight of another alien creature that he freed. Instead, Spartacus boasted that if the creature had killed Sara, he would have avenged her, and she replied, "Being an avenger is stupid. The goal is to prevent death. I am a Preventer." Not long after, Spartacus proved the stupidity of avenging by charging at Kayla - the alien in charge - who promptly killed and ate the gladiator. Clearly, Spartacus didn't grasp the concept and value of being a Preventer instead of an avenger.

Ironically, Tony Stark felt the same way about being an Avenger in the MCU. Although Iron Man once threatened Loki (Tom Hiddleston) - "If we can't protect the Earth, you can be damn sure we'll avenge it" - later on, Stark would feel differently about the value of avenging. Keep in mind that Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) named the Avengers after Carol Danvers' (Brie Larson) Air Force call sign. Tony Stark might have picked a different name for the superhero team based on how he behaved in the Avengers sequels. In Age of Ultron, Tony believed wholeheartedly in preventing another alien attack and he wanted to build "a suit of armor around the world". As Stark explained his plan for Ultron to Bruce Banner (Mark Ruffalo), "We're the Avengers. We can bust arms dealers all the livelong day but that up there... that's the endgame". It's true that Ultron went horribly wrong but Tony's dream of prevention so the Avengers wouldn't have to fight - and thus save lives - was sound.

Time to cancel RDJ and the Tony Stark character. 

:baiting:

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Time to cancel RDJ and the Tony Stark character. 

I remember the comment Stark made saying, " we're the Avengers, not the pre-vengers". He was criticizing the methods of his own team for their actions though, not someone else's. I'd say Spartacus proved the stupidity of not thinking his actions through & being impulsive. The Legends had no problem kidnapping an innocent girl that had been abducted multiple times as a child in their next scene though. She even developed her own methods of protection, nearly taking out the Legends & their waverider as a result. I guess everyone overlooked that fact.

20 minutes ago, chezmtghut said:

I remember the comment Stark made saying, " we're the Avengers, not the pre-vengers". He was criticizing the methods of his own team for their actions though, not someone else's. I'd say Spartacus proved the stupidity of not thinking his actions through & being impulsive. The Legends had no problem kidnapping an innocent girl that had been abducted multiple times as a child in their next scene though. She even developed her own methods of protection, nearly taking out the Legends & their waverider as a result. I guess everyone overlooked that fact.

You forgot a little film.

Tony further articulated how his cries for prevention disastrously weren't heeded at the start of Avengers: Endgame. After he made it back to Earth after failing to stop Thanos (Josh Brolin) on Titan, Stark lashed into Steve Rogers (Chris Evans) and expressed his frustration at the Avengers being split apart years prior: "I said we'd lose. You said, 'We'll do that together too.' Well, guess what, Cap? We lost! And you weren't there. But that's what we do, right? Our best work after the fact? We're the Avengers, not the Prevengers, right?" 

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

You forgot a little film.

I didn't read the article, I wrote that from memory. The Legends kidnapping that girl doesn't count as stupid & impulsive because my quote wasn't exact? I guess they were too busy trying to avenge Sara's kidnapping to care about hers.

1 minute ago, chezmtghut said:

I didn't read the article, I wrote that from memory. The Legends kidnapping that girl doesn't count as stupid & impulsive because my quote wasn't exact? I guess they were too busy trying to avenge Sara's kidnapping to care about hers.

You do what you feel you need to do. Meanwhile, DC and Marvel have taken fun shots at one another. So this is not a new topic.

It just didn't go on throughout the show that it needs to be addressed OR ELSE. Know what I mean? :foryou:

36 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

You do what you feel you need to do. Meanwhile, DC and Marvel have taken fun shots at one another. So this is not a new topic.

It just didn't go on throughout the show that it needs to be addressed OR ELSE. Know what I mean? :foryou:

No doubt, I was just poking back a little.:shy:

I am all caught up (save the latest episode) and all I can keep saying is WOW. For me, this is the best super hero show out there. The writing and acting are out of this world and everyone should be watching this show.

I really hope it gets renewed for season 8 :wishluck:

As the seventh season of DC's Legends of Tomorrow winds to a conclusion, Scrubs and Clueless star Donald Faison has signed on to play a mystery character -- but fans are pretty convinced they already know who he is. Based on a character description provided by The CW, the social media consensus is that Faison (who also brought comic book characters to life in Josie and the Pussycats and Kick- 2) will play a version of Booster Gold, a time-traveling superhero who spent years as a member of the Justice League and is most commonly associated with his longtime friend and ally, Blue Beetle.

Booster Gold is one of the first, and most successful, new characters created after the events of Crisis on Infinite Earths, the line-wide crossover event that reshaped DC Comics in the mid-1980s and did away with the multiverse for decades. Created by writer/artist Dan Jurgens, Booster is Michael Jon "Booster" Carter, a college football player from 25th Century Gotham who was tossed off his team after he gambled on the game to pay for his mother's medical treatment.