• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men #144 to #320 - Sell whole set or break up?

11 posts in this topic

I tried to sell the whole set in last two months. Just few watchers. It went unsold.

Should I keep selling the whole set or I should break them up to sell individually?

What I have in the completed straight run are: #190 (2), #201 (2), #248 (3 - all are 1st printing), #281 2nd Printing, #282 2nd Printing, #283 (2), #300 (2) and #304 (2). #307 and #312 are on the way to my home to fill the gaps. Majority of this collection is NM average.

Your thought will be appreciated.

I will receive #307 and #312 soon then it will be 100% complete from #144 to #320.

It was described that has missed two issues so I decided to buy two more issues to complete it that would attract the buyers. I don't think it makes any differences except there are key issues in the complete run like #266, #221, #201, #282/283 and others.

Yes, I have duplicates.

My advice - break it up into 5- or 10-issue runs and try to sell them that way. It may be more work in the long haul, but IMHO, worth it.

Then again, I suck at eBaying, so take this for what it's worth.

-slym

Jolly,

I have put a set just like that together not too long ago myself. If I might offer some input its not a bad idea to break it up into 5 to 10 issue runs. I think you'l probably get more sales that way. The reason I say this is because if someone just wants 1 issue you might be able to sell off 5 or 10 at time. If the same person is looking for a series of issues, say #190-225 for example, then they are more likely to buy them all from you. That's how I did it when I was putting the run together. When I did there was never a problem with combined shipping so it made me more likely to buy from the same seller.

Just make sure you don't let the keys go for nothing and you should be okay. Good luck.

What are you asking? :popcorn:

Break them up into the groups of 5 or 10 books. I am asking you to sit next to me and watch them selling on eBay. Hopefully it will sell well. :popcorn:

Thanks to your advices about breaking them up (I always thought about it but it's better to ask you despite your experience/knowledge).

Yes, it's very weird, but large runs missing a single issue will often not sell, or sell for substantially less than the cost of the single missing book.

Very, very silly.

I would break them up as follows:

#144-164

#165-175

#176-200

#201-213

#214-247

#248-#265

#266-#280

#281-#300

#301-320

That breaks it up along the key storylines, and should get you the most bang for your buck.

Thanks to your advices about breaking them up (I always thought about it but it's better to ask you despite your experience/knowledge).

Glad to know I wasn't talking out of my this time!

:D

-slym

Yes, it's very weird, but large runs missing a single issue will often not sell, or sell for substantially less than the cost of the single missing book.

Very, very silly.

#144-164

#165-175

#176-200

#201-213

#214-247

#248-#265

#266-#280

#281-#300

#301-320

That breaks it up along the key storylines, and should get you the most bang for your buck.

I would do 5 book lots from 201 to 265. You have about six separate good runs in that frame, in which just a couple books in the 5-lot set could bring you good cash.

X-Men 201 to 221 are great sellers, already bring a premium in NM condition.

X-men 222 to 245 in NM shape are harder to come by it seems, plus you have Asian Psylocke, Jubilee's first appearance, 1st Jim Lee, and a couple cool Liefield covers right after that run. The only mess end of it really is say 260 to 265, and just lump those in with 266 and 267. X-Men 268 can stand on its own 2 legs as well.

Very, very silly.

#144-164

#165-175

#176-200

#201-213

#214-247

#248-#265

#266-#280

#281-#300

#301-320

.... good advice. I recently tried to sell an incomplete lot that still had many "keys" from 103- 142 with several Annuals and some Infinity books that probably guided at 1500+ for $400 for a friend.... these were nice unpressed books, that would have benefited from that treatment, with no interest at all. The fact he was accepting checks only may have hurt... but RMA's approach may have benefitted this lot also. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u