• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - New job!

11 posts in this topic

Off topic, but I only stop in the comic boards so I'll take my chances and post here.

I accepted a new job this week. The best part in relation to this place is the raise -- I'll be making $18,000 a year more than at the old job. I'm thinking more golden age comics, my wife is thinking home improvement. I'm excited, a bit nervous, but it looks lke my Batman and Jumbo Comics collections might be getting a bit bigger in the future. And the Batman #1 fund might actually go over $100....

Good luck on the new job. I did the same thing in October '04 and bumped salary by 16.5K and a new ford explorer company car (Not including any potential bonus). The hardest part was leaving a nice 9 year career with a good company. So far so good. My wife spent at least 3K within the first month of my new job before I could even think about saving anything. Oh well, it was all for a good causes, the house, the kids, etc.

Again congratulations, good things come to those that take risks.

Maybe you do need home improvements.... for that temperature controlled 'Batman" room.

I already built my temperature/humidity controlled storage room (the vault). But no Batman #1.

Yes to an Action 30 VF/NM, All Star 9 FN, Planet 1 VF/NM restored, The run of Supersnipe Fine-NM, and 20,000 to 30,000 others, but.....No Batman #1.

Trade and sell all your other comics and then maybe you only need a "small batman room".

Let's see- 18K raise - after taxes = 12K - wife's home improvement plans; 20K- leaves you 8K in the hole - looks like you'll be selling some of those Jumbos and Batmans.

Damn you!! Now I have to get a second job just to afford books from the bargain bins!

Home improvement for us will probably be a whole new house. With a wet (Tiki) bar and room for lots and lots more comics, golden age and otherwise. yay.gif