• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I really dont get this

16 posts in this topic

Some people are willing to pay extra for runs. Considering this run covers the majority of the Bronze Age in one buy, I'd say the price is probably about right. And there's more there than just the Wendigo appearance. The Beast and Juggernaut appearances, death of Warlock, and nude Betty issues all are sought after.

Jim

I am just sore...

I wanted to buy it. I already have the run in the same grade, I was hoping to improve on a few issues and gain some readers is all. I just didnt have one first clue of the value of this lot.

Suddenly I am thinking of selling mine..think I will get 150?

doubt it

Artboy99

Some people are willing to pay extra for runs. Considering this run covers the majority of the Bronze Age in one buy, I'd say the price is probably about right. And there's more there than just the Wendigo appearance. The Beast and Juggernaut appearances, death of Warlock, and nude Betty issues all are sought after.

Jim

Nude Betty?!? tongue.gif

Jim

Nude Betty?!? tongue.gif

Ned Beatty???

705502-NedBeatty.jpg

705502-NedBeatty.jpg.c09dec11991ddfd90146d1407a40e787.jpg

Jim

Nude Betty?!? tongue.gif

Ned Beatty???

705502-NedBeatty.jpg

Do NOT mix the two! (Nude Beatty) We had enough of that in Deliverance. sumo.gif

Jim

Nude Betty?!? tongue.gif

Ned Beatty???

705502-NedBeatty.jpg

Do NOT mix the two! (Nude Beatty) We had enough of that in Deliverance. sumo.gif

705510-hillbilly.gif

Squeal lika PIG Boy, thatsa right! Mm-hm!

705510-hillbilly.gif.79bc75146feccbffd5ae808d5836d7b5.gif

there are a couple of semi-keys in there -- juggernaut, wendigo, x-men/beast, warlock, etc., though probably not enough to justify that price vis a vis guide for lower grade books.

yes, still a lot by ebay standards considering that most only guide at $4-7. perhaps there are people willing to pay a premium to buy from a dealer they've heard of. and a run is a run i suppose. i've seen a lot of these head scratchers among runs out of SNE.. like a huge run of generic 70s green lanterns (not the Adams issues) going for almost guide.

then again, people are paying guide or thereabouts from mile high all the time.

i'd like to think that SNE doesn't use shills.

Was going to pick up a Fine or so appearing copy at my LCS... until I realized someone had taken an eraser to the nude Betty panel trying to see if they could get rid of that blasted shadow. Christo_pull_hair.gifscrewy.gifdevil.gif

I bet it had "Greggy" written in crayon on the splash page... grin.gif

Jim

Was going to pick up a Fine or so appearing copy at my LCS... until I realized someone had taken an eraser to the nude Betty panel trying to see if they could get rid of that blasted shadow. Christo_pull_hair.gifscrewy.gifdevil.gif

I bet it had "Greggy" written in crayon on the splash page... grin.gif

Actually, I was thinking that this might have been from one of my collecting compatriots as a kid because I remember a copy floating around then that someone (no one would fess up) had done this to.