• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Predictions??

66 posts in this topic

That was an exciting auction.

It was fun to watch. You know, I think what I like best about an auction like this is that it proves that good books never fail. Near mint, very fine, 9.6, 2.0, whatever, if the book is quality, it will be desirable. Nice to know that there is a healthy contingency of folks looking beyond the grade/slab/pedigree/whatever.

Wow, sf, I'm impressed! Awesome book, and not a bad price either. Those early Fantastics deserve premiums, even in lowgrade let alone mid and highgrade.

Very nice pickup. And proof that you have taste beyond the label.

Figured it can't hurt to own a couple of these. The main thing (and unfotunately the pictures weren't perfect) is to have a nice front cover. I'm definitely a cover collector, but its very painful for me to own a GREAT COVER, but have too much wear, where it really ruins the beauty.

I'm bidding on a few mid-grade books in Heritage's Auction, so this might be the start of a trend. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Wow, sf, I'm impressed! Awesome book, and not a bad price either. Those early Fantastics deserve premiums, even in lowgrade let alone mid and highgrade.

Very nice pickup. And proof that you have taste beyond the label.

Figured it can't hurt to own a couple of these. The main thing (and unfotunately the pictures weren't perfect) is to have a nice front cover. I'm definitely a cover collector, but its very painful for me to own a GREAT COVER, but have too much wear, where it really ruins the beauty.

I'm bidding on a few mid-grade books in Heritage's Auction, so this might be the start of a trend. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Now we just need to break you of that nasty Silver Age "pedigree" habit. poke2.gifcool.gif

Now we just need to break you of that nasty Silver Age "pedigree" habit.

I would much rather have a Golden Age pedigree book than a Silver Age pedigree book any day.

But if I got rid of all my SA pedigree books, I would lose 100 CGC books, and that ain't gonna happen.