• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Predictions??

66 posts in this topic

Any guess what this is going to close at?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6507498826&ssPageName=STRK:MEBI:IT

Bidding has been fairly fierce, and I guess right now it's sitting pretty at around guide. I was thinking of making a play for it, but as I've already got an attractive VG-, I don't know that I can justify such an expenditure just to upgrade a little. I think it's going to top off at over 1k. What do you all think? confused.gif

My guess is that it will sell for around $850. Overstreet doesn't list the book as a "classic" cover, but it is a great hitler cover, similar to Hitler being tossed into hell in Supersnipe V1#8. Mamanook is in the mix with an early low ball bid, so if he wants it, look out. Three others already willing to pay over $600 so they are just testing the water. Then again, I don't like to pay over guide for items unless they are key wants, so I may be all wet. I'm putting it on my watch list to see how right or wrong I am. Good luck if you go after it. I'll trade for your low grade reader :-).

That book could go for a grand or so. Tons of eye appeal for a mid-grade book. I would go for it myself, but I can't spend more than a few hundred bucks for a comic right now.

Good luck if you go after it. I'll trade for your low grade reader :-).

It sure is tempting, but I'm going to more than likely pass. I've got my eye on a pair of books in the upcoming heritage auction, and need to conserve the cash...

I've got my eye on a pair of books in the upcoming heritage auction, and need to conserve the cash...

Same here. I'm stockpiling moola as we speak...

A few years back (maybe 6 years ago) the LCS had a copy for sale at guide. It was $250 and I thought about it . I went to the Orlandocon a couple of days later and a dealer said he'd be glad to shell out 600 for it if it were in Fine condition. I returned immediately to the shop, but alas, it had sold. Oh well. I've seen only three copies for sale in the six years since.

I think I also read something about this book in some issue of the CBM. Apparently the artist isn't well known , or maybe unknow. I seem to recall the art being very similar to that of artist Lou Fine...

If you want one, you may want to consider bidding. Great Comics #3 isn't something you see for sale every day. But... I pulled my copy from the safe and I'm going to photograph and post the Futuro story this afternoon*. Then I can get mine slabbed for posterity.

*I use outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed.com. If someone wants to host the photos, please let me know!

If you want one, you may want to consider bidding. Great Comics #3 isn't something you see for sale every day. But... I pulled my copy from the safe and I'm going to photograph and post the Futuro story this afternoon*. Then I can get mine slabbed for posterity.

*I use outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed.com. If someone wants to host the photos, please let me know!

I've got a 3.5 (lowest graded slab on the census! 27_laughing.gif), but I wouldn't ever sell it unless I get around to upgrading. I'm curious about this sale, though, because I figure I could probably get around half of whatever this 5.5 ends up going for.