• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - Amazing Spider-Man #300

8 posts in this topic

Picked up at my LCS back in December. Had a couple "non color breaking" spine marks, and a fingerprint in the yellow portion of the cover just below the "web-rope." I sent out for a pressing and these are the results. The books lays 100% flat, and the pressing was able to remove all but 2 of the spine breaks. One is just below the top staple, and the other is about half way down the spine.

The back has some page wear along the spine and especially at the staples, and in a few other locations.

Question is... what grade do you think it is, and if I should slab or keep raw? I look forward to everyone's comments and suggested grades!

Front (CLICK THE IMAGE FOR FULL RESOLUTION)

4rI85wTl.jpg

Back (CLICK THE IMAGE FOR FULL RESOLUTION)

Tv5swAHl.jpg

He means bottom left back corner. Acronyms are used a lot to denote positions on comics as it is easier.

To me, this book is about an 8.0/8.5 just due to the color rubs/flecks/etc. You can see it good on the FC (front cover) around the blue circle and the 300's, and black on bottom of FC especially. Plus, I don't know if it is on the scanner glass or what, but there is 2 small white dots around the Z in title, and also a little above the N in title.

Structurally I think 9.0/9.2, but not with these other flaws.

+1 on the 8.0/8.5 grade, structurally it looks solid but it has to many little flaws that will = a lower grade. As far as getting it graded I wouldn't want to sink anymore money into it just because it would have better eye appeal in a Mylar than it would in a Slab.