• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Star Wars #1 (1977) Copy A

13 posts in this topic

1 dented corner ULFC plus 3 other soft corners, color breaking corner crease URFC, and tiny tear in Marvel Comics Group right edge. I'll say about an 8.0. (thumbs u

I appreciate the input. In hand, I have not detected any tear, even a small one. There is a speck of discoloration/color loss at the far right of MCG, but not a tear. Also, I'm not seeing a color breaking corner crease (URFC), at least not in hand.

1 dented corner ULFC plus 3 other soft corners, color breaking corner crease URFC, and tiny tear in Marvel Comics Group right edge. I'll say about an 8.0. (thumbs u

I appreciate the input. In hand, I have not detected any tear, even a small one. There is a speck of discoloration/color loss at the far right of MCG, but not a tear. Also, I'm not seeing a color breaking corner crease (URFC), at least not in hand.

OK. I wasn't sure about the speck and thought it might be a tiny tear. Also, what I was seeing as a color breaking corner crease may have been a piece of lint or something in the scanner. When looking at the hi-res scans, there definitely appears to be something on that corner. Great book though. This was one of the first books I acquired when I started collecting again six or seven years ago. Cheers!

OK. I wasn't sure about the speck and thought it might be a tiny tear. Also, what I was seeing as a color breaking corner crease may have been a piece of lint or something in the scanner. When looking at the hi-res scans, there definitely appears to be something on that corner. Great book though. This was one of the first books I acquired when I started collecting again six or seven years ago. Cheers!

I think I will clean my scanner and re-scan, then post the updated picture. Thanks for the input! I have no less than 25 Star Wars #1's, so I am trying to get a good handle on the grades should I decide to sell a few.

25 copies!?!

My birthday is a little later this year............. :baiting:

:insane:

I have at least 10 copies of each issue from 1 to the last of the original series. It's what I collected as a kid, and I think I went a bit overboard in adulthood. BUT, with number one heating up right now, I figure I might let a few go....

9.0/9.2- there's a small corner crunch on top of the spine and a bit of wear on the bottom of the spine. The corners are not quite sharp enough for a higher grade. Still a nice book. 25 of them, you say? (thumbs u

25, but in various grades. Only a handful are higher grade. :P

9.0/9.2- there's a small corner crunch on top of the spine and a bit of wear on the bottom of the spine. The corners are not quite sharp enough for a higher grade. Still a nice book. 25 of them, you say? (thumbs u

+1