• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post Your 2005 Comic Book Purchases...

109 posts in this topic

As you can see, January is turning into a busy buying month. And this is only about 50% of what I've acquired this month. These were bought recently and haven't been filed in my "Black Hole" collection yet... insane.gif

jancoll.JPG

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Jim

Mrs.CC parents are going to watch the kids Saturday night(were doing V-Day on Sat), so I've already got us a beach front room for the night, and Sunday will be a nice breakfast before check-out. Still hope to meet some of you at the Hero's Con.

I bought a few hundred extremely nice Bronze Marvels from www.KermitsPad.net, and I'm absolutely ecstatic about the Fantastic Fours I managed to pick up. I picked up 54, 112, 118, 119, 121, and about 65 other issues in the 130 to 225 range, with all of them being 9.4 or better (except 54 and 112 at 9.0/9.2) with many 9.6/9.8 candidates. This was probably the largest upgrade I've ever done to my FFs all in one shot like that...I'm just totally on cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

I bought a few hundred extremely nice Bronze Marvels from www.KermitsPad.net, and I'm absolutely ecstatic about the Fantastic Fours I managed to pick up. I picked up 54, 112, 118, 119, 121, and about 65 other issues in the 130 to 225 range, with all of them being 9.4 or better (except 54 and 112 at 9.0/9.2) with many 9.6/9.8 candidates. This was probably the largest upgrade I've ever done to my FFs all in one shot like that...I'm just totally on cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

So you're the 893censored-thumb.gif that cherry picked all the "Mint" issues in the 180s and 190s for $6 each! frustrated.gif

I picked up some "NM" and "Mint Minus" books... they were mostly 9.0 to 9.2 IMO. confused-smiley-013.gif

I just couldn't past that Ghosts #1 up. It is a real beauty. I, too, love that Batman cover. I have a few SA Bats (but more of the Adams' BA stuff). I'd like to try and pick up a few SA issues this year. I would like to get all of the GL/Flash crossovers this year also. If you haven't read any of the short-lived Anthro series by Howie Post, do yourself a favor and get a couple of reading copies. I have the complete run (all seven issues, counting the Showcase). obviously, it wasn't that popular, but it's still a lot of fun. Actually, that's the second copy of the Showcase #74 that I have. And, of course, there's the Atom's. These Gil Kane covers are some of the very best of the Silver age. Well, maybe not those that I posted, but there ARE some beauties out there. I'm going to try and post my purchases each month, so stay tuned, there's more to come, cause I'm outta control...

Christo_pull_hair.gif

all very nice books......(thumbs up

save up some of that money for this summer as i'll be unloading a ton of HG SA ('61-'64) DC's............ grin.gif

I made one big comic purchase in January, and I paid for it by flipping highgrade bronze. I had my eye on this sucker for a while (it was in an ebay store), and count my lucky stars that somebody didn't grab it first before I had the time to build up the scratch. Check 'er out!

AllStar6.jpg

wow - nice book........... thumbsup2.gif

My only purchases have been the Batman 34 and 45 from Metropolis. My original copy of 34 was pretty ugly and the 45 seemed too good of a deal. Solid Golden Age Batman from the Crowley collection (I know, not quite as exciting as the Northern Lights Collection), but still presentable.

Nothing since becasue of the upcoming Heritage Auction and WONDERCON!

yay.gifyay.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gifyay.gifyay.gif