• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post Your 2005 Comic Book Purchases...

109 posts in this topic

save up some of that money for this summer as i'll be unloading a ton of HG SA ('61-'64) DC's............ grin.gif

Thanks, Burnt.

Now you've really got us DC collector's attention!!!!!

Are you selling off your entire collection?

save up some of that money for this summer as i'll be unloading a ton of HG SA ('61-'64) DC's............ grin.gif

Thanks, Burnt.

Back of the line, people! sumo.gif

Rahigh, sweet books! flowerred.gif

Thanks, Burnt.

Back of the line, people! sumo.gif

Rahigh, sweet books! flowerred.gif

preliminary plans will be to put up approx 100 Slabbed HG SA ('61-'64) DC's for sale later this year. (books will contain most of the SA DC superhero titles).

perhaps next year begin selling another 300-400 Mid-grade (6.0-8.0) SA DC's with an expanded list of titles.

all of these will be my original purchases from Sid's Luncheonette.........

here's the only comic i have received in the mail in 2005. purchased from our own Divadrabnud.......... thumbsup2.gif decent copy - cpmpleted my 7 issue run - cool read - very reminiscent of the lone Ranger origin - and what a kick- cover............ cloud9.gif

1108201001586_ghost_rider.jpg

Yeah Zipper,

I'm starting to learn more about grading and "recalibrating" the grading a bit.

I think Kermit's Mint was 9.6-10.0, Mint- 9.4-9.8, Near Mint/Mint 9.2-9.6 and Near Mint 8.5-9.4.

We now try to regrade everything together before they go out. It helps me learn and causes both of us to justify our grades a bit more.

Shoot me an email with your books that you purchased, and I'll try and look at the scans of them again. I'm sure we can do something to make up for any overgrading that we did.

Joe

joe@kermitspad.net

Just posted this in the gold forum, but it's a show-off book so what the hey! yay.gif Recent purchase from comiclink; this cover sums up for me why 40's books in HG are super-duper tough. grin.gif

RAD710B62004108_233511.jpg

PS Anybody have any info on that date stamp??

Reading material...

Preacher TPB 1 thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

Wrath of the Spectre 1-4 (reprint of Adventure Comics 431-440) thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

ab_1_b.JPG

Deathlok Special 1-4 (reprint of Astonishing Tales 25-36) still waiting for delivery confused-smiley-013.gif

Future reading list...

Other Preacher TPBs

Mister Miracle

Miracleman

Y the Last Man

Wrath of the Spectre 1-4 (reprint of Adventure Comics 431-440) thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

Awesome stuff! Love the "giant scissor" death, and the "chop 'em into tiny pieces of wood death" (cleverly borrowed from an EC horror story).

Future reading list...

Y the Last Man

Recently picked up all four of the Y trades in one shot. Currently finished with the first two, and think they're wonderful. My favorite read since The Invisibles. thumbsup2.gif

Awesome stuff! Love the "giant scissor" death, and the "chop 'em into tiny pieces of wood death" (cleverly borrowed from an EC horror story).

I was going to ask if you had those. smirk.gif

I've read the first issue (just got them yesterday). The forward talks about the early Spectres in More Fun where he "meted out death and insanity" to criminals.

Is there a reprint of the More Fun Spectres anywhere? confused-smiley-013.gif

Is there a reprint of the More Fun Spectres anywhere? confused-smiley-013.gif

Yep, you can get the Golden Age Spectre DC Archives. So far they've only released Volume 1, which reprints the More Fun stories from #52-70, I believe. I'm hoping that DC doesn't wait another year to release Volume 2, but I gather that they are generally pretty slow to release those archive volumes...

There are so many great threads going on right now (Pedigrees, 10 cent-ers, Superman appreciation, etc) that I'm not sure where to post these. Some great Superman 10 cent-ers, and most of them are Ohio copies, plus, some other books. All that aside, I decided to post these in this post because I bought all of the following books this month (February, 2005). Let me know what you guys think...

727484-GL17.jpg

727484-GL17.jpg.df399a00c6efea7e6213822948568471.jpg