• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

any love for GA Canadian edtions?

40 posts in this topic

I'm very excited to have finally completed my collection of True Crime. Since True Crime v1#2 is probably the book Dr. Wertham cited the most as being harmful, I had decided a while back to collect the entire series in both US and Canadian versions. This week, I finally completed that goal. The top row is the US collection. The bottom row is all Canadian.

True_Crime_US_and_Can.jpg

I'm very excited to have finally completed my collection of True Crime. Since True Crime v1#2 is probably the book Dr. Wertham cited the most as being harmful, I had decided a while back to collect the entire series in both US and Canadian versions. This week, I finally completed that goal. The top row is the US collection. The bottom row is all Canadian.

True_Crime_US_and_Can.jpg

The Canadian version of #2 is so.....gentle!

the important word is NEAR toronto, I'm a life-long Habs fan, and seen many Hab cup victories ( not many lately ) Could be Habs-Ducks final that would be cool.

(thumbs u

I collected a lot of these books over the years, and they're a blast. A couple scans I have handy:

TERIFFICaDV10cdn.jpg

WesternFighters10CDN-1.jpg

Here's an old pic...I have all these books still but one (and it was shown a little further up by the boardie who got it from me):

CanEds.jpg

Are these a litle easier to find in Canada? They just don't seem to have made their way down to the states. Books like Terrific Adventure and Western Fighters are Canada only books. I have a few that I showed a little earlier but got them from NY dealers I believe.

No sir. Really no easier to get here either. Perhaps marginally, but the fact is you really can't find them up here either. The great majority of the vintage books that are presently in Canada were sourced from collections in the states, IMO.

Those Canadian whites are great reads. Hope Nicholson and Rachel Richey put out a great collection of Nelvana through Kickstarter that is now picked up by IDW and separately they have Kickstarter funded collections of Brok Windsor and Johnny Canuck. Rachel owns the rights to reprint Bell Features comics, and plans to come out with a Doc Stearne/Mr. Monster book next, with likely follow up reprint collections of the Penguin (ironically Canada's Batman who was created by Nelvana creator Adrian Dingle), Rex Baxter and Speed Savage.

More WEIRD hybrids

Some more esoteric Canadian GA books from my collection:

Untitled-Scanned-43.jpg

Untitled-Scanned-42.jpg

Untitled-Scanned-41.jpg

Untitled-Scanned-40.jpg

Untitled-Scanned-39.jpg

Untitled-Scanned-37.jpg

Untitled-Scanned-36.jpg

Untitled-Scanned-35.jpg

Untitled-Scanned-33.jpg

Untitled-Scanned-32.jpg