• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Original Art Binge! posted by bagofleas

30 posts in this topic

Picking them up more often lately!

While I am an avid graded comic collector, I have been acquiring a lot more original art lately for some reason.

I've always loved original art for its OAK-ness, but lately I've really Ben trying to acquire more of it than I usually do. I haven't won a lot of them, but I've certainly tried.

The picture below is one that I just won on an auction tonight. I'm not an enormous FF fan, but I've always had a hankering for Galactus, and when I saw this piece, I was instantly taken by the image!

I love the perspective and how all four of the FF are in mid-attack from different areas of the image!

The only drawback to this particular piece is that the artist is unknown, but it's is still an amazing 11x17 piece!

16432.jpg

See more journals by bagofleas

The picture below is one that I just won on an auction tonight. I'm not an enormous FF fan, but I've always had a hankering for Galactus, and when I saw this piece, I was instantly taken by the image!

I love the perspective and how all four of the FF are in mid-attack from different areas of the image!

The only drawback to this particular piece is that the artist is unknown, but it's is still an amazing 11x17 piece!

I'm normally more fond of inked pieces, but this piece does look simply astonishing, congrats! The art captures FF as I remember them, when they are best - battling the giant devourer of worlds.

In my opinion art is meant to be watched and enjoyed, and this should work even if the artist is unknown ;) Personally I would not buy a piece from for example Kirby just because his name is on it - the art is the most important aspect, not the artist, although many collectors might not share this opinion :flamed:

I'm a big fan of FF, and this OA is Fantastic! It has the feel of one of FF's covers from the Bronze and Copper Ages. Congrats on the purchase. Can't wait to read what other OA's you acquire.

SW3D

I'm normally more fond of inked pieces, but this piece does look simply astonishing, congrats! The art captures FF as I remember them, when they are best - battling the giant devourer of worlds.

In my opinion art is meant to be watched and enjoyed, and this should work even if the artist is unknown ;) Personally I would not buy a piece from for example Kirby just because his name is on it - the art is the most important aspect, not the artist, although many collectors might not share this opinion :flamed:

Collectors of a particular artist would definitely not share that opinion. However, it's like anything else, just collect what appeals to you.

For instance, I love the Warlord comic and I love Grell's art in general. When I was at a show back in the 90s, I found a guy selling a bunch of Warlord pages and selected the one page that appealed to me most. I have zero interest in buying a Warlord drawing from an unknown artist.

Collectors of a particular artist would definitely not share that opinion. However, it's like anything else, just collect what appeals to you.

For instance, I love the Warlord comic and I love Grell's art in general. When I was at a show back in the 90s, I found a guy selling a bunch of Warlord pages and selected the one page that appealed to me most. I have zero interest in buying a Warlord drawing from an unknown artist.

I'd have to agree as well.

I don't think you can separate the individual from the art... and I don't think it should be that way. As for the FF piece, I like it a lot! Great perspective on that.

And I keep meaning to ask, but what does OAK stand for?

I don't think you can separate the individual from the art... and I don't think it should be that way. As for the FF piece, I like it a lot! Great perspective on that.

One of A Kind. I coined the term back in '09 and it's stuck with the hobby ever since. :)

I also coined the term CPR, such as in doing CPR on a book. It stands for Cracking,Pressing, Regrading. So if you see that term, that's what it means

One of A Kind. I coined the term back in '09 and it's stuck with the hobby ever since. :)

I also coined the term CPR, such as in doing CPR on a book. It stands for Cracking,Pressing, Regrading. So if you see that term, that's what it means

I invented the comma.

I invented the comma.

I'm still getting mailbox money from "Muffin Top", "Dangleberry" and "To The Head."

I invented the comma.

I'm still getting mailbox money from "Muffin Top", "Dangleberry" and "To The Head."

Once SMEAT and SABOD take off I am retiring to the Caribbean....forward my royalties there.

Don't believe Al Gore, I invented the internet. :gossip:

"Pretty standard....really..."

You are joking, right? CPR - crack press and resub was regular parlance going back to the Manufactured Gold thread from my earliest days, and probably far before that.

I blame myself.

The world wasn't ready for the CGC Pancake.

I hear they are more lenient on SS Pancakes than on Universal Pancakes. BUY THE FLAPJACK NOT THE LABEL!