• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buying first CGC comicbook

9 posts in this topic

I am thinking of buying my first cgc comicbook online. Some books have only the cgc number in description. Can i use that number to check cgc database on that book like how is it graded (like whats wrong with it cos some books look nice but have low grade so maybe 1 stable detached or marvel value stamp missing etc.) and that the number actually belongs to that book?

Also there are those autographed cgc books. How are those autographs validated?

Also what about those other grading companies like pgx?

Autographed books are signed in front of a third party CGC Witness.... the yellow labels, that is. As for details on grading.... there is a fee for that... called "Grader's Notes". GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I am thinking of buying my first cgc comicbook online. Some books have only the cgc number in description. Can i use that number to check cgc database on that book like how is it graded (like whats wrong with it cos some books look nice but have low grade so maybe 1 stable detached or marvel value stamp missing etc.) and that the number actually belongs to that book?

Also there are those autographed cgc books. How are those autographs validated?

Also what about those other grading companies like pgx?

Decide on what comic you want to start off with first before you just buy a random comic. Some people here have collections or series of what comics they want to collect. I would start off with possibly a small 1-4 comic mini series to see if you want to buy CGC graded comics. I know some people submit comics because they want the thrill of getting their comics graded. But some people just buy the CGC graded slabs because they don't want to deal with the hassle. Either way welcome to the boards and enjoy whatever CGC comic you buy :D

Autographed books are signed in front of a third party CGC Witness.... the yellow labels, that is. As for details on grading.... there is a fee for that... called "Grader's Notes". GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

i really wish those grader notes were free :(