• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's hiring if you live in Burbank, firing if you live in NYC

12 posts in this topic

Just saw this on Bleeding Cool:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/03/05/70-dc-comics-staff-move-burbank-77-will-leave-publisher/

The Good: Plenty of cool positions.

The Bad: Burbank.

The Ugly: Burbank.

Yet, some old-school fans will say that comic books have nothing to do with Hollywood, and that shouldn't factor in your decision if a comic book will go up in value in the future.

;)

I would love to get in on this, as I'm currently looking for a new career. But i don't have any experience in any of the positions that are available. I'm trying to get into the social media or marketing game, but it's tough. Looks like i might have to go back to school and get a Masters in one of those fields... :(

My wife did the same thing, but she just found a good certificate course to do it, not a master's program. I can check with her if you want.

And yes Hollywood never boosts the value of comics! lol

My wife did the same thing, but she just found a good certificate course to do it, not a master's program. I can check with her if you want.

And yes Hollywood never boosts the value of comics! lol

That would be greatly appreciated sir! Thank you.

Ok, so my wife just did the Mediabistro certification, but if you wanted to pull out the big guns, there is a Georgetown cert that looks impressive...and will give you sticker shock. There is also the NISM certification which is a little more budget friendly.

I would love to have the money to be able to do the Georgetown Cert, but that won't happen. lol The MediaBistro seems to be the one that attracts me the most right now, although the NISM seems to be more in my price range. lol Thanks again!