• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sabretooth appearances

52 posts in this topic

Anyone have a list of all of ol'Sabes appearances or know where to find such a list? I know his first two app. were IF #14 and PM/ IF #66 but after that I have NO idea. confused.gif

I know little of this guy except knowing I solf my IF 14 in very high grade back about 1996 for about $80 - grrrrr - I am sure it is one of those CGCd rascals.

However - just did a quick web perusal and here is a nice but probably incomplete list:

Sabretooth Appearances

Wizard, schmizard

Gawd I hope you got the sarcasm in my post!? (You have to ask youself...do I feel lucky? Well...do.....................oops - wrong scenario.......) You have to ask yourself... would a die hard dedicated pre-code horror collector have ANYTHING to do with Wizard? smile.gif

Iron Fist 14

PM/IF 66

PM/IF 78 (cloaked shocked.gif )

PM/IF 84

Then he took a little break (I think), and hit the Mutant Massacre X-Men storyline (X-Factor 10, Power Pack 27, X-men 210-213) that made him a collector fave. Then he appeared in Daredevil 238 and PPSSM 116 and 119, along with many, many, many more appearances later on.

60930948398.119.gif21267019774.238.gif

Yeah, that PPSSM 119 cover is probably my favorite Sabretooth one, with the possible exception of Davis' X-Men 213, which is classic.

97792366288.213.gif

Just as an FYI, I did some year searching and it seems as if PPSSM 116 might be the 5th appearance....

Sarcasm felt....I like pre code horror books too but I cant afford any!

If you do like pre-code horror I suggest you spend $25 and get the complete set of Terreology (Tales To Terrible To tell). it is one of my precode horror bibles. Was put out by New England Comics but it ended prematurely at issue 11. An absolutely amazing resource even with the quick ending (I am seeking the real backstory behind why it suddenly ceased - will post when I find out).

Tales Too Terrible To Tell

The creators started by outlining the precode horror publishers, then selected one publsiher (or 2 or 3 if output was small) per isue and talked about each one. It also includes b&w repros of the stories, cover galleries (color on back and B&W in the middle) and a real letters page (the first was fake and they made no bones about it - was most EC in feel).

If anyone has an interest in pre-code horror and has a spare $25, you can get 11 comics specializing in that, with several stories per book and cover galleries and pages of dissertation for $2.28 each. Amazing!

I am in no way affiliated with NEC or TTTTT. I am just someone who, when the books first came out, was a diehard precode fan.

And by gawd - I will find out why they stopped with issue 11.