• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sabretooth appearances

52 posts in this topic

That ">click<" you just heard was me hanging up on you, by the way. And no, I don't know what that means.

Well, my young Major, I DO know what that means.

You were equating our online chat to a phone conversation: indeed in your mind we actually WERE talking on the phone. It is certainly acceptable to admit same...the lonely will seek the most elusive measures to assuage their lonliness.

But you know? It is apparant you will not be hearing this so I shall enucleate no longer. ooo.gifcrazy.gifwink.gif

I just ordered the full set with both copies of #1 and #10 - thanks!!

I did the same a few months back. Then #9 was not available. When I looked back at the site it said "out of print - reprinting soon" - well a couple of weeks ago it showed up in my mail so Kudos to them! You WILL get the #9 issue since it was just reprinted. They even put "3rd printing" on the indicia - classy!

I klnow you will really love these books.

Well,

I let you all go along for 30 posts without saying anything, but I cannot take anymore. You've all heard me say it:

"SABRETOOTH IS A SORRY VILLAIN!!!!!"

Dungy, girl, he is a second rate Wolvie! I'll agree he whips up on Wolverine sometimes, but that is the beauty of Wolvie's character. His healing power allows him to (or allows Marvel) to have him get his kicked up and down, and still come back for more.

What is compelling about Sabretooth? Nothing. What should his appearances be worth? Nothing.

Although, I will agree that cover to Uncanny #213 is one of the all-time greats!

Chris

How can he be sorry if he kicks the patoot of Wolvie all the time? His character is quite compelling because hes a hairy animal with a past as mysterious as Wolverines and he too has the power to be beaten up and come back for more. Sounds like an unsubstanciated bias to me....... smirk.gif

His character is quite compelling because hes a hairy animal with a past as mysterious as Wolverines

Ohhh boy! Everybody get prepared to buy multiple copies of "Sabretooth: Origin".

he too has the power to be beaten up and come back for more.

So does the Hulk, Wolverine, and every other two-bit lame-o "tough guy" the Marvel creative team can drum up. (Not saying the Hulk is lame! He SMASHES!)

His character is quite compelling because hes a hairy animal

Now, I may take some heat for this but, so are Krypto the Super Dog! And Gleek the Monkey!

I hope this is enough evidence for you, Dungeon. (Also, this is all in good fun! wink.gif )

Chris

>>he too has the power to be beaten up and come back for more.

On that note, did they ever explain how he came back from Caliban breaking his back and killing him?

Let me guess, Apocalypse enters into it somehow. At that point in time, Apocalypse entered into evereeeeeeeeee-thing. grin.gif

Funny you should mention that! i was going to include a preface to my first post in this thread. And this is the truth:

I have never owned a copy of this book.

So, your "sour grapes" theory is smashed to bits. (Much like the Terps did to the Tarheels this weekend! You readin' this Greggy??? grin.gif )

Chris

Maybe a "Sabre-hater" a little. But certainly no sour grapes. Many chances to buy this book, and could right now. My money is better spent on Steranko books, much like yours is better spent on Joes.

Chris