• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Star Wars #1 (1977) Copy E (higher grade)

7 posts in this topic

So, this is one of 2 copies I have that I feel might hit 9.6/9.8. Let me know what you guys think. Aside from the tiny, less than a half a millimeter crease on the top R corner (which may be a print defect? I can't feel any "crease"), aside from that, I see no spine ticks, colors is sharp and gloss is great. Corners pretty sharp and no back or front cover dents. To look at it from an angle in the light the covers are completely smooth. ow/white pages. I know there is a very slight miswrap, but I don't know if that would effect grade.

Starwrs1fcCopyE_zpska2szxh2.jpg

Starwars1bcCopyE_zpsktgwyice.jpg

For me, I think I'd be at 9.4/9.6 as-is due to color breaks on FCUR (including right edge), soft FCLL and FCLR corners, and dirty/ink rub on back cover. I'm leaning more 9.4 than 9.6. See what others say, though, as I am fairly new here. Nice copy, but I do "feel your pain" :/

For me, I think I'd be at 9.4/9.6 as-is due to color breaks on FCUR (including right edge), soft FCLL and FCLR corners, and dirty/ink rub on back cover. I'm leaning more 9.4 than 9.6. See what others say, though, as I am fairly new here. Nice copy, but I do "feel your pain" :/

Thanks for the input. I don't know if it's the scan or the bad interior page cut that leave a bit of an overhang and makes the corners harder to see, but they are all pretty sharp in hand. I wonder if cleaning up the b/c would help the grade?