• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

25 Cent Picture Frame Marvels

641 posts in this topic

I was wondering why these books were .25 centers when I have a Thor 204 out (getting ready to read it 893whatthe.gif) and it is a .20 cent cover. I see now that these are 50 pagers ( i think that is the number of pages).

BTW, im drooling over that Thor 193.

Wow those are all cool, thanks for posting. hail.gif

Did you submit those, or buy them slabbed?

Thanks!

I've had some in my collection forever, bought some raw & slabbed on eBay, and bought a couple raw & slabbed from board members. So, a little bit of everything.

I was wondering why these books were .25 centers when I have a Thor 204 out (getting ready to read it 893whatthe.gif) and it is a .20 cent cover. I see now that these are 50 pagers ( i think that is the number of pages).

BTW, im drooling over that Thor 193.

Yeah, there are rumors that Marvel was trying to trick DC into bumping up the price to 25 cents, but it seems to me that Marvel just wanted to ease the pain of the switch from 15 cents to 20 cents, or they wanted to just kick off the new picture frame format in style (or both).

Mike,

Beautiful books all around, and I'm glad you finally decided to make this collecting focus public for all of us to enjoy. I'm also glad I was able to sell you a couple of those beauties!

I've actually decided to make Marvel Picture Frames a collecting focus of mine as well. Instead of just the 25-centers though, I decided to put together a collection of EVERY Picture Frame cover from this era. Considering there are about two dozen books that I haven't even been able to identify the covers for, this should be quite the challenge.

Congrats on your hunt for these great works of Marvel Magnificence! 893applaud-thumb.gif