• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

25 Cent Picture Frame Marvels

641 posts in this topic

There are no true 25-cent "picture frame" Marvels, but there were a few (there is a romance book posted on this thread) 25-cent issues that reprinted the entire contents of the older 20-cent issue, including the "picture frame" cover.

The Marvel "picture frame" era went from 1972 to 1973, and when it ended, comics were still 20-cents.

JC...you're forgetting the Oct/Nov 1971 25 centers, before the switch to 20 cents, had original stories...

There were a couple reprint giants that had picture frames as well...

Marvel Tales #33...

pfmt33.jpg

Jim

I love those Marvel Featue Ant-man covers, Great stuff. headbang.gif Do the IM 45, MT 38 & MF 5 have the mark jeweler inserts? I noticed the stars on the covers.

Good eye! thumbsup2.gif Actually all three have the National Diamond Sales insert...the FF #129 as well...

Jim

Werner, you have an incredible collection!

I finally got a Where Monsters Dwell #12- CGC 9.2. One of the sweetest covers ever!

Thanks for sharing your "masterpiece" of a collection.

bronzejohnny

1132038370899_mgc39.jpg

The only certified copy of a tough, tough book. Took me about 2 years to find one in true NM (though I am not crazy about the cut).

I've acquired about 50 Pictureframes over the last six months that I will attempt to post in due time. Plus, I'm hoping to pick up some more at Mega-Con next weekend. Will share them all as I can.

Here's another western gem. Just picked it up from the Mile High sale. I normally won't pay a premium for slabbed BA, but I figured my chances of seeing another one of this dark green picture frame issue without stress marks in this grade were nil. Only copy graded, and I've only ever seen this issue in 8.0 or less.

1138515-kc158.gif

1138515-kc158.gif.8a63f6ad95a7bf7aeb695d8cba4821cc.gif

Here's another western gem. Just picked it up from the Mile High sale. I normally won't pay a premium for slabbed BA, but I figured my chances of seeing another one of this dark green picture frame issue without stress marks in this grade were nil. Only copy graded, and I've only ever seen this issue in 8.0 or less.

1138515-kc158.gif

Nice Book!!!!

I thought this thread needed a bump...anyone with some new acquisitions to add? (I do, but I'm currently at work.)

Nah, and we're all STILL waiting for Jimbo to post his calm-mix books.

For JC...who's waited patiently for 6 months for me to get home and post these... thumbsup2.gif

Where Monsters Dwell #15 - Severin cover?

By far the worst of the bunch...they get progressively better for each issue...

cmwmd15.jpg

Where Monsters Dwell #16 -Gil Kane cover

cmwmd16.jpg

Where Monsters Dwell #17 - Gil Kane cover

cmwmd17.jpg

Where Monsters Dwell #18 - Ditko reprint cover?

cmwmd18.jpg

No more pictuire frames for this title after #18...

Jim