• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

25 Cent Picture Frame Marvels

641 posts in this topic

Greggy, go celebrate by buying yourself an iced tea. That is a nice haul from a LCS. Some of the westerns you posted in these two threads are without doubt the nicest copies I've ever seen of certain issues. People just underestimate how tough the '70's reprint titles are in HG.

I love chasing them down because they feature some of Kane's, and definite Severin's, best cover art.

Now, I just hope you paid a few bucks each. About 3 years ago I went into a LCS and came out with about 40 '70's Marvel westerns, many solid 9.4's for about $1-2 a piece. Some people just don't believe these have any value.

Nah, I paid around guide for them, which is still a great deal considering how I see them priced at certain dealers' website IF they have any.

My only regrets is not buying the nice run of 20 cent Rawhide Kids that he actually brought out a few years ago from the collection, as I didn't want to spend the $20 per book. I should have known not to let scarcer books available to the general public.

Of particular interest regarding this collection is that it was accumulated by a "crazy" collection who bought them and stacked them unbagged throughout a house owned by his dad. When the dad passes away, he had to move to a smaller place and couldn't move all of his comics.

The new owner was able to buy the house for a really cheap price on the condition that he couldn't view the interior, as the comics were blocking the entrance. Of course, when he found the comics, he had no use for them so he brought them to the LCS owner.

Unfortunately, the original owner had a pipe leak at a time so some of them had some form of water damage. Some were totally ruined and were put into the cheap boxes, which was a shame because you could tell that they were otherwise really nice. The LCS had to throw out 50 copies of GS Conan 1, as they were all stuck together.