• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade FF 11

11 posts in this topic

This is a good example of a book that has some fatal flaws, yet has superb gloss and color. I'm pretty sure I know what people will say, but I thought I would throw this one out there...

Obvious spine wear and 2 long subscription type bends which break color on and off. The book lays flat, and as I said, has NM quality color and gloss.

ff11.jpg

tough type of book to grade accurately.

if you step back from the two huge book length creases and focus on the top edge, spine and LRC, you might give the book an overall grade of a 5.0 or so. but how much comes off for those two big creases?? i'd go with a 3.0.

now, having said that, it would be the nicest looking 3.0 in existence as the body of the book and right edge are quite lovely with deep colors and great gloss. thumbsup2.gif

if you step back from the two huge book length creases and focus on the top edge, spine and LRC, you might give the book an overall grade of a 5.0 or so. but how much comes off for those two big creases?? i'd go with a 3.0.

now, having said that, it would be the nicest looking 3.0 in existence as the body of the book and right edge are quite lovely with deep colors and great gloss. thumbsup2.gif

A true "collector's copy" sumo.gifthumbsup2.gif

it would be the nicest looking 3.0 in existence as the body of the book and right edge are quite lovely with deep colors and great gloss. thumbsup2.gif

Perhaps it would qualify as "Best (3.0) in census." wink.gif

I agree that it's a crapshoot to grade a book like this... it all depends on whether your eyes gravitate to the flaws or the postive aspects. It's a book that I've thought about upgrading for some time, but it's just not ugly enough to justify the expense. And it really is kinda pretty... in a Charlie Brown Christmas tree kinda way. grin.gif